• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

For all RPG fans out there who havent....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
VGsatomi said:
Good multiplayer action! Have you ever thought of making a single player version with all the maps connected in one long campaign?
As a matter of fact, yes, after you suggested it on our forum. If everything goes well, we'll release a packaged campaign with a credits map for single players. The maps will also remain as separate downloads (e.g. for multiplay purposes).

And thanks Darky for the advertisement!

Level 7
The reason i think it sucks is because there are too many unthoughtout areas:

Khaz Modan has alot more Dwarves than 10 (When it started)

The Faceless ones were living right next to Khaz Modan

The minable shafts, with dwarves there, would have been mined SO long ago

Gnolls cannot talk

The list goes on and on and I do not have the time to list it all, obviously the people who made this didn't think that much about the basics.

Level 9
Khaz Modan has alot more Dwarves than 10 (When it started)
Well, wouldn't it be a little too easy if there were 100 starting units? Besides, that's true for almost all maps.

The Faceless ones were living right next to Khaz Modan
They were living in an abandoned (long forgotten) area of the city.

The minable shafts, with dwarves there, would have been mined SO long ago
You got me there.

Gnolls cannot talk
I hate to ruin you beliefs, but Gnolls aren't real! For that matter, neither are Dwarves, Faceless Ones, or the Undead. All of the aspects of Warcraft are works of fantasy, and as such, people are free to create new ideas or to recreate old ones. Besides, who are your to say that Gnolls can't talk. Maybe, all of the Gnolls that you have come across so far are just a different species of Gnolls.

P.S. I think that your campaign is one of the best, if not the best, there are. When do you plan on releasing the next map? How many will there be total?

~The_Raven

Level 6
Actually, there is an explanation why dwarves hadn't mined those tunnels. Some of it is also mentioned in the scenario.

The tunnels are not actual gold mining tunnels but old mine shafts that were closed until the undead attack begun. The real gold mines are outside the stronghold, where undead have put up their camp. Note that Dûm Atur is an old dwarven stronghold that has mostly religious purposes and it is not much of an industrial town.

Status
Not open for further replies.