• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted Projects News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Here's this week's hosted projects news. Next news will be on August 17th. Get your project's news in before then!

<hr><u><font size="+1" color="orange">Race Champion Wars:</font></u>

Race Champion Wars 10.0I Released

Finally after a while this newest and best version ever is released. It has more than balances and improvements... read on
New players may find this game quite good and players who have played it maybe be abit more impressed.
Still, RCW isn't perfect so try not to give me such a hard time saying this needs doing and this needs doing etc
This excellent version features:

RACE UPDATES

- More race add-ons
Made upgrades more stable and other balanced benefits
- Greatly MODIFIED Tech-trees for all races
- Many cost balances for units, custom items...
- Redesigned many upgrades and abilities to improve stability
- Existing Ability and spell balancing
- Reduced lag from Naga building
- STRONGER Blood Elf
- WEAKER Naga
- Balanced Fel Orcs

OVERALL: All races should be definitely equally fair now.

GENERAL MAP UPDATES

- Fixed 2 bugs
Fixed a Catapult turtle bug - a security hole which crashes wc3 of players who click on the bugged unit. Fixed a poisonous arrows bug which caused it not to autocast.
- REMOVED Temple anti-air killing
- REMOVED Doors
- REDUCED lag in temple by up to 50%
- Removed MANY unncessary features for all races
- Updated, improved and tested new AI for all races
- MORE space for all players to build in
- FIXED TONS of incorrect icon positions
- UPDATED LOTS of tooltips for many objects throughout the game
- Fixed a few broken disabled links
- Corrected many grammar and spelling errors

Its more professional now, of course.

If you were wondering why the Goblins race are still not implemented, it is because alot of people in the comments of RCW were requesting for many updates. Because alot of people said it suck because it needed balances, I greatly not only balanced the map but also fufilling what they requested to improved it. Darkness's review was a great help. THE GOBLINS RACE WILL BE ADDED AS SOON AS EVERYBODY IS HAPPY WITH THE BALANCES :D (You'd know this if you've been reading the LATEST NEWS in the map forum of course)

Just a note:
Very soon, the map design will be replaced with a better one. The current map design is unique, but I'm taking RCW TO A NEXT LEVEL: I'm going to allow players to play these new races in DIFFERENT map designs :D.

I hope everyone enjoys this new version! It took me quite a while to do everything by myself.

Map Link: http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=708
Forum Link: http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewforum.php?f=19

Level 14
Oh my god! All those general map fixes was mostly my idea when i claimed that this map wasnt good because of icon positions and ''tutorials'' u had to do and all the silly things in the middle of the map and the small size of start location, and now u take all the credits from idea's u didnt even thought of, and i dont f*cking care if u give any stupid comments to my reply Sopho, because u are silly and make hatred comments towards anybody who judges your map for being imba *cough cough* *whine whine* and dont reply this comments, cause then u making a fool out of your self for being a smartass and playing a Blizard employee.

Level 14
tough words you got there frog. but somehow i understand your problem,
since this map Sopho maded i think it is kinda bad to,
you shouldnt play off like being a smartass Sopho,
i think that frog have some ''hate'' towards you because of he replied ideas and u didnt gave him credits, that must be the reason,
so i am actually with frog now,
hes right. :? :?

Level 21
Frog did pose a help to me because of what needs to be worked on but it was not in a orderly manner it was like he was telling all the " bad stuff " that needs to work on instead of anything else I dind't hear any positive from him. Still I don't what to say this but it could be fine if he didn't wrote his first comment towards the map.

Level 2
Well, i am just helping Sopho and he hasn't given me credit either. The things done in 10.0I are mostly MY ideas. And if you really suggested the same, can i get a link?

I dont really know what side to be on and i dont care... i just want to help peoble with their map if someone doesn't like something about them! The map will be more uniqie than ever when i am done with it :) (i have got the permission)

Well, Frog... you haven't played the new version. It's just SO much better... but there are still alot of problems. But as i find them, i report them!

Translation: (du er jo dansker alligevel :mrgreen: )
Sopho has heller ikke vist nogle tegn på at jeg hjælper ham men jeg er sådan set også ligeglad! Ideerne i 10.0I er for det meste MINE ideer men det kan jo godt være du har fået de samme. Jeg har bare ikke fundet dem! Kan du give et link i så fald?

Jeg ved ikke rigtig hvem jeg skal holde med og jeg er også lidt lige glad. Jeg vil bare gerne hjælpe folk med deres baner så vidt jeg nu kan! For jeg kan ikke lave en bane selv men de kan "hjælpe" mig. Banen bliver mere unik når jeg er færdig med den. (jeg har fået lov :mrgreen: )

Hmm... Frog, du har tydeligvis ikke spillet den nye version som er en hel del bedre. Eller er du bare muggen over at han ikke giver dig credits? Hvis han ikke gør det så bare lad være med at hjælpe ham og så er den ikke længere!!

Level 21
Darkness[TDA said:
]Well, i am just helping Sopho and he hasn't given me credit either. The things done in 10.0I are mostly MY ideas. And if you really suggested the same, can i get a link?

I dont really know what side to be on and i dont care... i just want to help peoble with their map if someone doesn't like something about them! The map will be more uniqie than ever when i am done with it :) (i have got the permission)

Well, Frog... you haven't played the new version. It's just SO much better... but there are still alot of problems. But as i find them, i report them!

Translation: (du er jo dansker alligevel :mrgreen: )
Sopho has heller ikke vist nogle tegn på at jeg hjælper ham men jeg er sådan set også ligeglad! Ideerne i 10.0I er for det meste MINE ideer men det kan jo godt være du har fået de samme. Jeg har bare ikke fundet dem! Kan du give et link i så fald?

Jeg ved ikke rigtig hvem jeg skal holde med og jeg er også lidt lige glad. Jeg vil bare gerne hjælpe folk med deres baner så vidt jeg nu kan! For jeg kan ikke lave en bane selv men de kan "hjælpe" mig. Banen bliver mere unik når jeg er færdig med den. (jeg har fået lov :mrgreen: )

Hmm... Frog, du har tydeligvis ikke spillet den nye version som er en hel del bedre. Eller er du bare muggen over at han ikke giver dig credits? Hvis han ikke gør det så bare lad være med at hjælpe ham og så er den ikke længere!!

I will give you credit and you did help alot but still, I was planning for more than 50% of the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.