• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] For a Cinematic Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
First, the spell works in this order:
1. Cast it on a targeted unit.
2. Pause both the caster and target.
3. Change height of both units to 5000 (or somewhere within that range, so that terrain cannot be seen.
4. Lock camera on one of the units (This is where a problem occurs.)

How do I lock a player's camera to units who are up that high?

I have tried using this GUI action --> Camera - Lock Camera Target to Unit

I am trying to achieve something similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZox3HekMck plus or minus the special effects and animations.

Level 11
Those are probably pre-set cameras that are applied (without panning) instantly for the player casting the spells.
Then they pan the camera to the position of the casting unit over 0 seconds.
After the spell ends it just reset's the game camera.
Maybe like this:
  • Camera - Apply without panning Camera 001 <gen> for (Owner of (Casting unit)) over 0.00 seconds
  • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Casting unit)) to (Casting unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
or something like
(Camera - set Camera Field)

• Camera - Set (Owner of (Casting unit))'s camera Height Offset to 4000.00 over 0.00 seconds
You could also do some neat things with your fog and sky using the environment triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.