• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How can I lock a camera this way...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

My question this time is how to lock a particular camera. This camera will NOT be centered on a unit, so I can't use the "Lock Camera Target to Unit" function (or is there a way to do it...?).
I also need the player to be able to interact with the interface, so it can't be on Cinematic Mode.

I thinked about creating a trigger that every 0.05 - 0.1 seconds sets the camera to the right position, but I don't like this idea, because it will probably be a huge load on the memory.

Do you know another way to do this? Thanks for reading.

Regards

Level 9
My question this time is how to lock a particular camera. This camera will NOT be centered on a unit, so I can't use the "Lock Camera Target to Unit" function (or is there a way to do it...?).
I also need the player to be able to interact with the interface, so it can't be on Cinematic Mode.
Regards

Here's where I explain how do I want the camera.
Sorry, I know I didn't explain myself very wisely...

In other words, I want to lock a camera without using cinematic modes, or things like that. The player must be able to interact with the interface, but must NOT be able to move the camera itself in any direction.
What I'm asking is if there's a way to do it without using a 0.0x loop to periodically set the camera's fields (because I suppose that would be a huge load on the memory).

P.D.: Sorry if I sometimes write weird things. Maybe my english is not very good (I'm spanish).

Regards

Level 9
Well, that's something I didn't think about... Although it will be hard to find the exact position for that invisible unit. However, I could try it. Thanks for the idea. If I happen to make it work properly, I will post the result.

Still waiting for more posibilities.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.