• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footstep / Move Sound (Trigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello!
Im looking for a Trigger or Idea to give my Unit a ''Footstep'' sound everytime i move it around on my Map
I looked this up on the Forum but only found stuff from 2008 and the Triggers i found didnt work for me somehow
(Im not a Trigger expert so i need a simple way or Explanation/Screen)

thanks alot !

Level 10
Last edited:
Level 12
Use Bribes Moving Event Detection

And evrytime a unit moves you can play the sound... I never looked into sounds in trigger editor but I think there is a sound play that plays a sound only at a certain point

But that would mean to open each model in ReteraModelstudio and remove the Footstep Node for each unit you are using that much work would only be useful in a horrormap where you use diffrent footstepsounds on diffrent tileground to create a atmosphere... and also there is only 1 Model for the Unit the Player use...

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I've tried to do this in various cinematics and I never end up satisfied.
It's difficult to sync the start of a sound to the exact moment a foot touches the ground and even if you figure it out for one character you have to re-do it for another.

I think it is better to do by model editing as I SUSPECT (but I am not sure) that you could attach a sound to a specific animation frame.
I don't know how though.

Last edited:
Level 8
I think Originz did it really good. I tried it that way but couldnt figure out how to make the trigger work so i guess i need to attach the sound file to my Model.
damn thats harder than i thought :D

Level 8
Wow this is insane! i love the Water sound hehe :) gj

Do you think it is easy to write a trigger if its not a ''synced'' footstep just a sound loop if i move around my Unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.