• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Food CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do I increase the food cap limit? ANd how do I make a trigger that requires a certain building to be built within a certain range of another unit..

Level 20
On the second.

You can. Pick all units in range of bla bla of constructed unit if theres bla bla unit then do nothing, else remove/kill the constructed unit. If theres no "constructed unit" you could use a trigger to pick all structures in 100 offset of worker...

Level 6
How do I increase the food cap limit? ANd how do I make a trigger that requires a certain building to be built within a certain range of another unit..

Set the unit's requirement to the unit it needs to be built by, this will ensure he has atleast one

When a generic unit begins a construction, check if its type is equal to the type of the building in question.

If it is, pick every unit within X range of the constructing structure (I think this will work) and check if they are the type

if not, remove the structure and give the player the resources for it.

Level 9
Problem solved..thanks..
But 1 more thing, see for my map to build a structure it must be within the range of a road. Thing is, the unit I used for the road is circle of power because I wanted it to be walkable and I changed the model for it to none and made a trigger that whenever such a unit is built the terrain in its position would change to city tile set..what happens is everytime I begin constructing it the construction progress bar won't continue, it stops at 3 hitpoints of its maximum hp and it cannot be targeted. Any solution for this?

Level 6
Problem solved..thanks..
But 1 more thing, see for my map to build a structure it must be within the range of a road. Thing is, the unit I used for the road is circle of power because I wanted it to be walkable and I changed the model for it to none and made a trigger that whenever such a unit is built the terrain in its position would change to city tile set..what happens is everytime I begin constructing it the construction progress bar won't continue, it stops at 3 hitpoints of its maximum hp and it cannot be targeted. Any solution for this?

Use a night elf building for the foundation, or try to set its building animations to night elf.

If you set the collision to 0, it should be the same as walkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.