• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Special Food Cap building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I was planning to make a very cool race which utilizes the food quite a bit. So I wanted to make a building that increases the maximum food cap, but only for that player ( I know about game constants ). Example: Building that increases max by 10. then it would be 'X/110'. If this is not possible then just tell me, then I'll scrap that idea, but help is always appreciated :)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
edit:

As far as I know this is impossible.

There are workarounds, but they are not perfect. You could make the gameplay constant food cap 1000 and trigger so that only 230 could be used for player 1. But you'd have to prevent units from being trained with triggers, and the UI would show incorrect food cap as well. You can fix that by preventing more than X food production buildings.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmmm... Does this then work:
Pick all players - set food cap 100.
( I won't type this exactly as in the triggers)
event: building finishes building
condition: build building equal to <foodbuilding>
action: set food cap picked player to 120.

Now one problem, what if you get multiples of the building? how do you +20. I know you can use chaos to make different buildings the entire time, or activate/deactivate triggers, but is there an easier work around? Thanks a lot so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.