• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

FOg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just mess around with the options under 'Scenario' - 'Map Options'.
With the terrain fog I don't believe that the two options under style Exponential 1 and 2 don't work. I don't think that I have seen a change in the for with changing the density value either.
I would really like to know what could possible be the use or point of these options. XD

With the terrain for you can't set the Z Start value to a negative through "Scenario" - "Map Options" - "Use Terrain Fog" or GUI although can be changes with Jass script to add a cool effect. Here is an example. This can be placed in your maps initialization script with custom script.
JASS:
call SetTerrainFogEx(0, -7200.00, 8000.00, 0.00, .01, .07, .02)
In the () we have 'The Style', 'ZStart", 'ZEnd', 'Density', 'Red Value', 'Green Value', 'Blue Value'.

• 'The Style' keep this value as 0 as that style is linear(the one that we would want).
  • 'ZStart' This is the reason why we are doing this. Although I would suggest keeping it as a value of anywhere from 500 to the max value of 'ZEnd' but as a negative. (eg 'ZStart' = -2800, 'ZEnd' = 4000)
  • 'ZEnd' would be the value that you would usually want your fog to end, I would suggest trying any value from 1000 to 15,000.
  • 'Density' I can't really seem to find a reason for this field so I would suggest keeping it as 0.
  • As for the rest of the values they are just colours but instead of the max value being 100 as a percent the max is a real of 1.00.
Just do whatever you would think suit your map with any value.

I've also provided a test map.

Attachments

• lighting test.w3x
    13.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.