• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying unit morph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have an ability than morphs a melee unit to flying, 45 seconds later he turns back to original form. My problem is that if the flying unit is over some trees or a place where u can't stand, hes model stays the same. How would I make him move to a safe location so he can morph, or is there another way of doing this.

One thing you could try is: Create a dummy unit (a ground unit), use the "Unit - Move Unit (Instantly)". Store his new location in a variable, remove the dummy unit afterward, and move the morphed unit there.

Basically, "Unit - Move Unit (Instantly)" does a bunch of internal calculations to find the nearest pathable point. This is probably the best way to go about it since you'll be doing it the way Warcraft 3 wants you to. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.