• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying unit goes through building that has higher scaling value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can someone run me down onto how to make a unit hover over a building instead of it going through without changing the flying units heighth? I did however raise the flying units height but it still goes through the top of the building? Does that have something to do with collision or something?

Level 9
Could I apply that to the unit building or does it have to be in a specific spot. For now I’m just working on melee map but a little more immersive sized units and buildings.

Level 9
So I changed the Pathing Map of the Beastiary to Arcane Observatory and seems that they will go around it which works just fine now and they don't clip the building or go through it. From what I see it has no affect on buildings capabilities and everything seems to work fine. However this is new to me, is there any potential issues I may run into from doing this to any building I upscale? I assume not.

I don't think there would be any issues. Using a pathing like the observatory is what DrSuperGood meant when he said "a pathing that is not flyable" but I wasnt sure if you knew how to make custom pathing TGAs (its quite easy once you get the hang of it and get a program like GIMP or Paint.NET for it, but the world editor doesnt help you with it much). So, suggesting the observatory was just my cheesy way of reiterating what DrSuperGood said in a more user friendly way in case it makes more sense.

So anyway, credits to DrSuperGood for the idea. Glad to hear it worked!

Level 9
I don't think there would be any issues. Using a pathing like the observatory is what DrSuperGood meant when he said "a pathing that is not flyable" but I wasnt sure if you knew how to make custom pathing TGAs (its quite easy once you get the hang of it and get a program like GIMP or Paint.NET for it, but the world editor doesnt help you with it much). So, suggesting the observatory was just my cheesy way of reiterating what DrSuperGood said in a more user friendly way in case it makes more sense.

So anyway, credits to DrSuperGood for the idea. Glad to hear it worked!

Indeed thanks much, both of you. Yeah I wasn't aware the Arcane Observatory naturally had that. I'm familiar with a few aspects of World Editor but I haven't even touched Texturing/Modeling outside of WE. I feel like I could pick up the somewhat easy aspects of it such as swapping Skeletal Orc's armor and putting it on a grunt or to even change the skin color of a grunt to gray or brown. I'm guessing that's one of the easier things but like I said I haven't messed with it at all and I don't even know what programs I would need to do any of what I mentioned.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
However this is new to me, is there any potential issues I may run into from doing this to any building I upscale?
If these buildings can be built by the player then it might be possible to create an air wall by placing enough of them in an arrangement. This can have potential gameplay implications. If this is not desired you need to make sure the pathing map has a flyable but not buildable boarder around it so that there is always a gap for air units to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.