• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Flying unit does not bestow auras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I made an ability that places a flying ward-style unit above a target area. The unit is supposed to havea devotion aura to support nearby units (ground as well as air), but the air unit will only give devotion aura to itself! - or rather, it does give to all nearby allies, but the buff/effect dissappears from all other units after a few seconds?

The aura is based off of a standard devotion aura, and uses the exact same targets available.
The aura also functions fine for the air unit itself, but it won't do anything for ground units.

Can units with Movement - Fly or targeted as: air simply not bestow auras?

EDIT: The aura does not affect other air units either, it solely affects the unit itself, after 3 seconds the buff dissappears from any other nearby allies.

Level 5
There wasn't much of any triggering with the unit. I tried both using Ward and not Ward unit types.

It's pretty straight forward, the trigger is simply

"create 1 UnitTypeX"
"Add DevotionAura" to last created Unit (it's actually saved in a variable, but I'm just summarising)
"Add 180 seconds generic expiration timer to last created unit"

That's all there is to it. But the unit only affects itself with the devotion aura. Come to think of it, I have had the issue of getting summoned air units to bestow auras for more than 3 seconds in other maps as well.

Level 5
Found the issue!

The problem was not Flying Heroes Bestow Auras (as the unit was not a Hero), but it gave me an idea. Because there is (apparently) a gameplay constant for "invisible units bestow auras" and the ward unit was invisible!
I actually made it invisible by adding the "Permanent Invisibility" spell to it, and as it has a few seconds fade time this also explains why the aura was working for the first 3 seconds!

Thanks for the help though guys. <3 Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.