• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Flying Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

nGy

nGy

Level 11
I got some problem with a map i'm currently making. I created a spell that should throw all surrounding units into the air. The peak-height of the "flight" depends on the distance to the caster. Now it's obvious that I don't really want all my units in game to be flying units (though it would be an option if nothing else worked). So I thought about asking if there is any other way to set certain height values (so i'm not talking about impale or tornado or that stuff). For example for DotA they got to make spells which make units raise from ground (e.g. Tiny's "Toss" or Admiral's "Torrent").

Level 22
Add the Crow Form ability to all targeted units, and immediately remove it afterwards. This tricks the game into thinking they are flying units, so you'll be able to change the flying heights. Don't forget to pause the units, remove collision, etc, while they are in the air.

If that won't work, try removing the Crow Form ability after unpausing the units.

nGy

nGy

Level 11
@Ramza: Thanks very much, this worked well, didn't think this would be that easy :)
@defskull: Sry for my bad english but I really didn't get what you were trying to say ^^" did you want me to post my triggers? Anyway thanks for reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.