• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying height not working trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, can someone enlighten me how to use this? I'm using this
  • Animation - Change Gwaihir the Windlord 0518 <gen> flying height to 100.00 at 0.50
on a hawk and nothing happens

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I believe the issue is your second Real value. The rate (you're using 0.50) is Height Per Second. So in your case you're changing the flying height to 100 at a rate of 0.50 Height Per Second (That'd take 200 seconds to finish when going from 0 to 100). I THINK that's how it works. I know that if you set the rate to 0 then the height transition will be instant.

If that's not the case then make sure that the unit is a flying unit. For non-flying units you need to add the Storm Crow Form ability to the unit and then immediately remove it. Note that you don't HAVE to remove the ability for it to work but you probably don't want your units having that ability. This will allow you to change the height of the unit as if it was a flying unit.

There are some systems on here that you can download to automatically add/remove the ability to your units so you don't have to worry about it. Or you can do it yourself, it's pretty simple.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you want it to change to flying height 100 over 0.5 seconds one needs to calculate the required speed to perform such a change. In this case it would be |(100 - current flying height) / 0.5|.

Using instant changes is not recommended unless a unit has just been created or you purposely want it to look like the unit is teleporting. Interpolation looks much more natural even if it is set quite fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.