• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Floating Text for damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
DO SOME1 KNOW A THREAD hat explain how create floating text for damage, i know how set up the trigger but idk wich variable should i put on so it can track Spell damage!!!

like floating text=spelldamage

can some1 help me *.....

i readed all fucking tutorial as it possible!!! note im french i dont understand all meaning or idk
....... if some1 know thread plz give me link >.<
there so much thread here and there no search bar like map section

Level 10
Thanks for topicas it helped me alot ^^ now i only need to fix it to make it usable on spell!!!

and thx for avator ill try thing u said cuz, im making new version on dbz tribute supreme and i wanan add most thing i can :p with all idea i can find!!!
cuz at the end this map wont look like other tribute

Made by poeple for poeple

Level 12
Damage text?

Critical Strike 1x damage 100% proc rate. Add it to whatever unit you want.

Level 7
  • PPW Phoenix Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Phoenix Strike PPW STUN
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Cruelty PPW DUMMY) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Ability_PHOENIX = (2.00 x ((Real((Level of Phoenix Strike PPW STUN for (Casting unit)))) x 100.00))
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Ability_PHOENIX = (1.00 x ((Real((Level of Phoenix Strike PPW STUN for (Casting unit)))) x 100.00))
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - Ability_PHOENIX)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer(Ability_PHOENIX)))) above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (80.00%, 15.00%, 15.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 32.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Set Ability_PHOENIX = 0.00
This is a spell I have made, Hopefully this helps to show how floating text is created to show how much damage a spell has done. My spell does raw damage which ignores armour. The if/then/else statement is simply checking weather the target has a certain debuff, if so the spell does double damage (the debuff is applied by a chance on hit passive ability from the same hero), this is not relevant to how the text is created.

basically:
have a triggered spell which sets an integer variable to a certain value
set the life of the target unit to current life - integer variabl
create floating text which shows the variable

i used a real variable which meant i had to convert it to integer (so that decimal places would not be shown) and then convert that to string, this is all done in the lfoating text actions

Status
Not open for further replies.