• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Floating text to display damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hello i was woundering if there is any awy to show the damage a unit does in floating combat text.
so if a unit damage 19 on on another so how to do i do so the damage can be showing in floating combat text

Level 13
  • Trigger whatever ini
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every units in Playable map and do actoins
        • Trigger - Add Trigger whatever event Unit - Picked unit takes damage
  • Trigger whatever
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Owner of triggering unit equal WhitAPlayerIfSinglePlayer
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - .. .. Real to integer and integer to string! ( Event - Damage taken )...
Basically this is it. I cant be any more help now:(

Level 1
Download this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/actiondetection-system-151176/

Copy and paste the triggers: Damage Detection Startup, Damage Detection Startup2, Damage Detection.

In the "Damage detection" system replace "Attacked unit" with (Damage source), because it's apparently wrong.

Alternatively, use this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-friendly-damage-detection-v1-2-1-a-149098/ (it doesn't come with a floating text, if I recall)

yea i tested the first one you suggested its not exactly as i wanted it but its good too

EDIT
the other one is much better i edited it to floating combat text thanks alot rep+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.