• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

floating bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hello it's me again
after fixing the texture bug with mdlvis i started working on my first model
i encountered some bugs and looked them up and got solutions but now i've stumbled upon 1 which no thread nor experimenting could solve so far
basically what happens is that my model, i'm trying it out in game, it does THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=megu-i7RKB4&feature=youtu.be
this shit is too complicated to explain so a vid is the best solution
i really have no idea what could have gone wrong, i've looked at its animations in the model editor and everything is fine, it doesn't dupli- nor triplicate itself nor does anything float around, same goes for mdlvis, everything looks normal

special thanks to trev for testing the model out with me and making this video

Last edited:
Level 14
I dont understand what exactly is the problem, you are going to have to give an explanation.
If it is the disappearing - it might be because you did not calculate the models extents in magos, or it can be because of a geoset animation.
If it is the floating - you might have attached the model to some bone that it should not be attached to.
If it is the one little building to the left it is probably some sort of world editor mistake you made.
It would be best if you upload the model, that way it will be easier to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.