• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flame Missile

Flame Missile

Created by x-omg-x

How to import

Go to "File->Preferences" and turn "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data" on.
Open the trigger editor and copy the "Flame Missile" folder.
Open the object editor and copy the unit "Dummy", the spell "Flame Missile" and the other spell "Flame Missile (Dummy)". // Note that you only can copy one spell at a time
Close the map and open your own map.
Paste all the copied data into your own map.
You are done!

Spell description

The hero locks its target with dark magic and when the target is locked he begins calling fire explosions around the target, dealing 50/100/150 damage to all nearby units. The targeted unit will break all his bones, taking 100/150/200 damage. When the targets' bones are broken, there wil be sent magical fire missiles out of his body, exploding on all nearby enemy units. Each of the 10 missiles will deal 10/15/20 damage.

About this spell

The spell "Flame Missile" contains nomore than one trigger and is easily understandable and configureable, making the spell fun for everyone.
It contains a long description in the trigger editor, making everybody understand the spell, its features and how to import it into their own map.
Its a kinda simple spell, but with the high amount of details and eyecandy it should be fine. The coding is nice and clean and might be a good look'n'learn spell.
The triggered spell is fully GUI, MUI, leakless, laggless and should not contain any bugs. If you find a bug, please contact me.

Copyright

Please respect my time spent on this, and you do that by following the mentoded things below:

Give credits if used in your map.
Do not distribute this spell to any other sites.
If you find any bugs, please contact me.

• Flame Missile
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Missile
    • Actions
      • -------- --------
      • -------- X-OMG-X's --------
      • -------- Flame Missile --------
      • -------- --------
      • -------- --------
      • -------- Setting the variables --------
      • Set FM_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set FM_Position = (Position of FM_Caster)
      • Set FM_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set FM_TargetPos = (Position of FM_Target)
      • Set FM_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for FM_Caster)
      • -------- (For each Integer) means that the following lines will run X times (in this case 4) --------
      • For each (Integer FM_Integer) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Setting the offset --------
          • Set FM_TargetOffset = (FM_TargetPos offset by 200.00 towards ((Real(FM_Integer)) x 90.00) degrees)
          • -------- Creating a dummy and forcing it to cast the abillity --------
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of FM_Caster) at FM_Position facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Flame Missile (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FM_Position)
          • Set FM_Position = (Position of FM_Caster)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets FM_TargetOffset
          • -------- Creating the special effects --------
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at FM_TargetOffset using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • -------- Setting the group --------
          • Set FM_Group = (Units within 250.00 of FM_TargetOffset matching (((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False)) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of FM_Caster)) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) Not e
          • -------- Picking the group --------
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FM_Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • -------- Damaging all units within the group --------
              • Unit - Cause FM_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real(FM_Level)) x 50.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FM_TargetOffset)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_FM_Group)
      • -------- Damaging the targeted unit --------
      • Unit - Cause FM_Caster to damage FM_Target, dealing (100.00 + (50.00 x (Real(FM_Level)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • -------- Clearing all memory leaks in the spell --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FM_Position)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FM_TargetPos)

Now i dont have anything else to say than ENJOY!

Keywords:
fire, flame, flames, ignitaton, burn, burning, explosion, kaboom, boom, boum, missile, attack, warfare, order, target, lock, locked, leakless, laggles
Contents

Flame Missile (Map)

Reviews
17:18, 22nd Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: Review for Spell It is kind akward looking, but it's decent enough to be approved. Coding looked fine too. Status Feel free to message me here if you have any issues with my review or if...

M

17:18, 22nd Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

Review for Spell

It is kind akward looking, but it's decent enough to be approved.
Coding looked fine too.

Status

Feel free to message me here if you have any issues with
my review or if you have updated your resource and want it reviewed again.

Approved

Level 19
Well, its not exactly a missle just a bunch of SFX ...
I would do it with missle(s) that are created at caster position and then send them at the position where the ability is being cast.. That would look better than this and it will match its name.

How the post above says, you need to clear the positions and the group into the integer loop, otherwise they are just overwritten.

By the way, why the screenshot says "Fire Missle" and the name is "Flame Missle" ?