• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] flame effect around buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello I want to put the effect flame (sequence video which we can to find in the complements palette) as this video from a youtuber who don't reply comments and don't tell us how he does.

These are the links

I also want to know how I have to put the effect on buildings

Besides I want to know how he does to put the birth of building on all buildings. I know the birth of building which he uses from bastion bulwark citadel

Demonish Bulwark / Bastion / Citadel

thanks

Last edited:

ISL

ISL

Level 13
My guess is that it has something to do with graveyard's passive ability which creates those graves and corpses around it.

Just shift-click the number of corpses to 0 and replace the grave model with fire.

As an alternative, there may be some kind of a trigger which creates those special effects upon buildings' birth and destroys them upon their death, but that's very unlikely.

Level 3
Ok thanks you are my salvation but I don't know how to change corpses to fire. The flame is in complements palette. In video sequence section. How should I do to take the flame effect from there and after putting it in my buildings?

By the way, since we are here, how can I put those birth shapes in my buildings?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Level 3
Ok YOU ARE THE BOSS, I still got put the flame effect around my buildings. I have been years asking about this doubt

The problem is that I can't remove the corps option,

thanks you very much.

and Can you help me how put fire on floor as in the video?

Level 3
Ok I already got to put the flame effect and remove the corpses but I don't find the floor fire

Last edited:

ISL

ISL

Level 13
and Can you help me how put fire on floor as in the video?

So there are 3 examples, the only thing you need to check are the abilites found in Object Editor.

Seems like it creates one "grave" for each corpse, and if you set the number of corpses to 0, the amount of "graves" will also be 0.
As a solution, you can make it spawn dummy corpses, invisible and unrevivable.

Also it appears to be bugged with night elves' trees, the trees can move, but the special effects can't.

EDIT:
Ok I yet got put the flame effect and remove the corpses but I don't find the floor fire
Do you mean the ground texture? Or something else?

Attachments

• test.w3x
    17.8 KB · Views: 104
Level 3
Sorry I'm spanish maybe I don't explain correctly. I put the flame effect around of the buildings but I don't find the "hot coal/ember/live coal" effect on floor (texture floor)

By the way, I don't know to write link without showing the movie in the thread

Last edited:
Level 3
Also it appears to be bugged with night elves' trees, the trees can move, but the special effects can't.

Yes, now I know. it's a real bugger!.

The another problem are the buildings don't generate new flames

Last edited:

ISL

ISL

Level 13
but I don't find the "hot coal/ember/live coal" effect on floor (texture floor)
Pick your building in the Object Editor and find 'Art - Ground Texture', then set it to the ground texture of the Demon Gate.
By the way, I guess the ground texture in the videos is slightly recolored to be more red.

Level 3
Ok thanks for your attention but the demon gate doesn't generate ember

Now I'm thinking in putting other floor textures (lava cracks) but I have the problem because of I have to put other corpses to create skills and it put over my flame effect

Last edited:
Level 3
Ok I put flame effect around buildings but I want to correct the error because of the flame remains when my buidings uproot and after when my buildings turn back to take root the flame effect doesn't return to appear.

Moreover I still can't put ember or lava crack down of flame effect. If somebody can help me I express your gratitude for him

Last edited:
Level 3

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-4_18-3-21.png
    upload_2017-9-4_18-3-21.png
    501.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

ISL

ISL

Level 13
xISLx
Why send me this file? and How want you I open it?

test.w3x
That's a WC3 map which you can open with your World Edit.

But I guess you've already figured out everything by yourself.

Oh and, in case you need some help with triggers, you can ask someone to make them. That would fix the problem with special effects not moving along with the trees, as well as the rest of the bugs.

Level 3
Dr Super Good said:
You currently have no triggers, I am not sure what your problem is.

I know I haven't triggers but I want to use them to conformate the rules for when my buildings root out the flames disappear. And when my buildings take root the flames return.

Last edited:
Level 3
xISLx said:
That's a WC3 map which you can open with your World Edit.

But I guess you've already figured out everything by yourself.

Oh and, in case you need some help with triggers, you can ask someone to make them. That would fix the problem with special effects not moving along with the trees, as well as the rest of the bugs.

Yes, I need help with triggers.
By the way, I was thinking in using NewGen WE. I heard that is the program which I should use. Is this correct?
Now I'm looking this thread
Beginning JASS Tutorial Series
I suppose that with this page I will be able to learn basics

Last edited:
Level 3
Dr Super Good said:
No do not use JNGP, use Sharp Craft as JNGP has been made obsolete.

Ok, thank you very much. I'm going to see what it's about.

Dr Super Good said:
So is the problem that Graveyard does not relocate with morphable and moveable buildings?

Sorry I believe I don't understand what you mean me. I'm spanish and it's possible I don't
understand therefore. Can you tell me what you mean me with that sentence? Thanks.
Anyway I believe what you mean me is the ability from graveyard doesn't work with my trees.
Yes, when my trees root out, the flame effect remains in the floor and when my trees root take the flame
effect doesn't return to appear.

Dr Super Good said:
This sounds like a Request more than needing help fixing a problem.

Do you mean me I should open other thread about this problem? but... I have this thread open...

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Then... I shouldn't follow this tutorial...Is it so?
JNGP has been replaced by SharpCraft. They both support JASSHelper so the JASS tutorials should still be appropriate.

A rough approach to solve this with triggers would be to create the flame effects on construction, store them in a dynamic data structure like a linked list and attach that linked list to the building using a hash table. When the building morphs you iterate through this linked list and destroy all the effects and remove them from the list. When the building morphs back to stationary you recreate all the flame effects and add them to the list. When the building dies you iterate through the list and destroy all the effects as well as then destroying the list and removing the hash table mapping.

Another approach that forgoes the use of a dynamic data structure list would be to use 5 separate effect members, one for each flame effect and hard code them in. This way each building can be represented by a single array index at the cost of some maintainability. The rest of the logic is the same as above except the array index must be recycled in typical indexer fashion. Or one can use a unit indexer system and let that produce and recycle the array index.

Level 3
LordDz said:
You don't need JASS for doing what you want to do. In fact you should learn the basics of the trigger editor before starting JASS.
Look at this tutorial and learn the basics first.
Creating some basic abilities

but...

Paskovich said:
This is not a step-by-step tutorial, and is not made to beginners, so don’t ask how to use variables and such
Basics needed:
1. Knowledge of the Object Editor.
2. Knowledge of the spell ’Channel’.
3. Knowledge of triggers/Trigger Editor, variables, removing leaks

I need to have basic knowledge to learn with this person

Status
Not open for further replies.