• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Building ground texture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm looking to put down the texture that is shown under human buildings, without requiring a building. It would be a plus if I could destroy it, and it cannot be selected in-game.

Here's the texture I'm talking about:
buildinggroundtexture.jpg

Here's why:
I'm making a map that will have hero-buildings (I want them to be able to gain XP), but if you use a hero as the starting point for a custom unit and make it a building, I see no way to have that building texture under it. it just burns, etc. like a building.

so where is this resource, and how do I place it?
(OR another way to accomplish the same idea?)

Level 12
Ok, here's what you do...
You make a dummy building from the size of tower/building you want the texture to be under and make the scale value 0.10 (lowest) then make the building have "Locust" which makes it unclickable and have absolute no collision. Go down to stats and make it "Can be built on". Make sure its the building texture that you want then put it under your "Hero building".
If you want the texture to follow the building then do a trigger for like, every 0.5 seconds move "Your ground texture" instantly to "Your hero building"
If your building moves quite fast just make the interval of every 0.5 seconds to lower than it.

If you want the texture to go away when it dies just say
when (Building Hero) dies
remove (Texture unit)

And make it create one when the building hero revives too.

If u want to be lazy then u can make the ground texture stay there and just keep the "every 0.5 seconds move "your ground texture" instantly to "Your hero building" and when your hero revives it will move back to it.

Terribly sorry but you can't make a ground texture turn >.<

Last edited:
Level 4
Make your hero a building in the object editor. Then find Art - Ground Texture in the object editor. It will allow you to set the ground texture to whatever you want.

Level 4
I didn't know that you couldn't make a hero with a ground texture (I just double-checked). I just figured that the option would still be there. Good call. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.