• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flame Boulder v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Elsheen
The caster lets loose a burning boulder which accelarates forward blowing enemies out of its way. While accelerating it builds up energy which then combusts dealing damage in a large area.
Level 1 - 10 damage each hit, 400 range, 200 AOE damage
Level 2 - 20 damage each hit, 800 range, 400 AOE damage
Level 3 - 30 damage each hit, 1200 range, 600 AOE damage
==================================================================
This is my first spell so please dont flame out at me. I will happily take any constructive criticism.

UPDATE: v1.1
-changed values
-cleaned up the triggering
-added more variables to make it easier in changing values
-added documentation
-improved the knockback

Keywords:
fire, flame, boulder,
Contents

Flame Boulder (Map)

Reviews
21:17 14th Nov 2015 BPower: Haven't seen an update in years. Rejected. 20:57, 2nd Mar 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: The triggering looks ok, but you got a leak. Unit - Create 1 Flame Wheel for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of...

M

21:17 14th Nov 2015
BPower: Haven't seen an update in years. Rejected.

20:57, 2nd Mar 2010
The_Reborn_Devil:

The triggering looks ok, but you got a leak.
Unit - Create 1 Flame Wheel for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 50.00 towards FB_Angle degrees) facing FB_Angle degrees

Leaks twice.

PM me or another mod once you've fixed this to get the spell reviewed again. Have a nice day!

Level 6
Looks interresting. I'll take a look :).
The spell looks okay, the idea is nice aswell. I like the spell and the triggering is not too bad. There's a few uneccesary variables though, but that's nothing big.

• Roll
    • Set Flame_Wheel_Blasted_Units = (Units within 300.00 of Flame_Wheel_Location)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of Flame_Wheel_Location) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
You're not even using that variable, [Set Flame_Wheel_Blasted_Units], also that name is rather long, it could be [Set FW_BlastedUnits]. That is some small stuff though, and some of your lines are rather long. I would recommend setting a real variable or two in the first trigger. This would save you some space and make the code most nicer to look at, in my opinion. This would also make it easier for noobs to configure. Here's an example
  • Set FW_AoE = 300.00
  • Set FW_Damage = (10.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))))
FW_AoE would be the range you're picking units in

Otherwise this spell is good, I don't think we have one like this on the Hive and if we do, it's not something we see everyday. The triggering is good for a first spell, and I would be proud to call this my first spell.
I'd give this a 4/5, improve the things I mentioned and give me a PM, and I'll rate it 5/5 maybe :p.

Level 4
Looks interresting. I'll take a look :).
The spell looks okay, the idea is nice aswell. I like the spell and the triggering is not too bad. There's a few uneccesary variables though, but that's nothing big.

• Roll
    • Set Flame_Wheel_Blasted_Units = (Units within 300.00 of Flame_Wheel_Location)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of Flame_Wheel_Location) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
You're not even using that variable, [Set Flame_Wheel_Blasted_Units], also that name is rather long, it could be [Set FW_BlastedUnits]. That is some small stuff though, and some of your lines are rather long. I would recommend setting a real variable or two in the first trigger. This would save you some space and make the code most nicer to look at, in my opinion. This would also make it easier for noobs to configure. Here's an example
  • Set FW_AoE = 300.00
  • Set FW_Damage = (10.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))))
FW_AoE would be the range you're picking units in

Otherwise this spell is good, I don't think we have one like this on the Hive and if we do, it's not something we see everyday. The triggering is good for a first spell, and I would be proud to call this my first spell.
I'd give this a 4/5, improve the things I mentioned and give me a PM, and I'll rate it 5/5 maybe :p.
Thank you. I will fix those issues as soon as i can. :)

Well, I like it, MUI, leakless also looks good :)
Thanks

Level 19
This
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 100.00 of Flame_Wheel_Location_2 and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
Could be increased, like 150 or 175.

This
  • Set Flame_Wheel_Knocked_Units = (Units within 150.00 of (Flame_Wheel_Location offset by 50.00 towards Flame_Wheel_Angle degrees))
Definetely must be between 175 and 225 since the bolder is alot more bigger

You could make the knockback little more smoother, instant move is bad for this.

Also it lacks on documentation, which is very important here, make a documentation, and I will definetely give you 4/5.

Level 4
This
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 100.00 of Flame_Wheel_Location_2 and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
Could be increased, like 150 or 175.

This
  • Set Flame_Wheel_Knocked_Units = (Units within 150.00 of (Flame_Wheel_Location offset by 50.00 towards Flame_Wheel_Angle degrees))
Definetely must be between 175 and 225 since the bolder is alot more bigger

You could make the knockback little more smoother, instant move is bad for this.

Also it lacks on documentation, which is very important here, make a documentation, and I will definetely give you 4/5.
Thank you for pointing these things out. I have changed the values and have added documentation.

you know that elevators, bridges and many other things are destructibles too?
do you want this spell to destroy bridges? :grin:
I guess you don't

hint: have a look at my signature :wink:
Thanks for telling me this but i would assume that a giant flaming boulder would be able to destroy a bridge. :p I cannot seem to find an action that will target trees only.

UPDATE:
-changed values
-cleaned up the triggering
-added documentation
-improved the knockback

Level 5
I like this, it works and is leakless, well, in my amateur mind it is, but it's very nice and I'll give you a point of rep just because I you for some reason =D