• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fix map please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
patch 1.24 broke my all time favorite map, also loved by friends and clan. It was a true winner, one i have played for years and years and have not gotten enough of. I was hoping someone could get into it and make the necessary 1.24 changes D:
It is a legal 'hack' or whatever you call it, since the creator is from Korea, and we only have an old version that was translated for us. But this old version does just fine to me, though i do wonder how far the map has gone (if you understand korean, search away and i do have the web page link!! (It was in the intro screen)
But anyway, the map is located here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/darklineage-owen-v0-08-a-81679/ Dark Lineage 0.08

To see my longer, more passionate post about the map, you can go here http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=20131900030&sid=3000

Level 5
ehm....
i don't think you could ask people here to actually edit other people map, even for good reason.
off-topic: there is no legal 'hack'.
oh comon. The map maker isn't even around this site. it wasnt even HIM who uploaded the map! And it wasnt him who brought the map to the US/translated. So what i am saying is, make the map playable, not change it, but make it playable for 1.24+

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I will only fix the map if the maker has not fixed it and I get an up to date offical umprotected version. I will not touch any form of deprotected or hacked version or version which is extreemly old when newer exist.

Edit - There is no need to fix the map. Apparently someone already has and I just tested it a few minutes ago.

Below works for 1.24d.

Attachments

• DarkLineageJudeFix6C.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 136
Level 5
Hey thanks!! But i tested this version too and it has no english (menus, shops, recipes, on and on). It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to get through even 5% of the content. Though i am glad you found this version, i have been looking for it!! If possible, can anyone translate this map from Korean to English? If not will still be needing a fix on Dark lineage Owen 0.08 :(. But thanks a bunch!

Level 5
Its that or nothing. I advise trying to get it translated offically. Language should not be a barrier.
Language is a barrier because, if you try shopping, with the 10 page shops, EVERYTHING except the prices are blank. If you try to use your ESC menu (bag, stats, spells, upgrades, etc), EVERYTHING is blank. If you find a recipe, it is BLANK, you don't even know what the recipe is for (recipes are used to create items and gear.) Also, all the quests are blank. Language is a HUUGE barrier even at level one, because you need to add stats or else you wont even survive against a deer

Level 5
Still need help! Thanks Dr. super good but the map doesn't even work (people cannot join via bnet, can only single player) and single player disables save... T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.