• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Support the anti-hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Greetings everyone.

Since a while hackers have been dominating battle.net with their tools, bots, maphacks, keyloggers and even more.
The warden of battle.net (anti-cheat system) is NOT holding them off anymore and we really need them to patch up a lot to prevent hacking on their servers.

On the first sight Blizzard is not really responding on it so the plan is getting united to make them face us, their players, modders and fans.

Now from today on a new tool went to public named "drophack".
This dirty little tool can instantly drop your enemy and gives the owner of it an instant win.
Pretty nasty, not?
Beside the fact that there also around 5 maphack versions (?). I'd need to say that Blizzard is abandoning us.

For that, I'd appreciate YOUR support going ANTI-HACK.
This is for both the gaming AND modding community.
Maphack is being used in the oh so famous game Dota too, so why not in your map either?

It is your call to help, but doing so means a lot to us.

I made a post upon blizzard their forums. Please support each other, as we all like to have one goal: no hackers.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=22418631683&sid=3000

- Xarwin

> Sorry for my lack of english here, I don't have much time to make a post..

Level 22
I am with you. I got a drophacker last year and get this - he was either RUS, Ukrainian, Belarus, Kazahstan, honestly I don't give a crap what ex-USSR they are, they are the same to me and are spamming hacks the most.

Like one guy from KZ was hosting a modified map on ZOTAC tour, not rly a hack but again cheating so n/c.

You are missing one very important thing - Phoenix hack. I had a buddy (he's CANADIAN) that I thought was good player, he was elf. Suddenly he starts playing human and does some never dying phoenix lvl 6 bloodmage. Then he started laddering with this feature of ZMAP, I dont know what this is like, I read about the program when I found his DIRTY MAGIC tricks. And now he's laddering this noob server Azeroth as he is noob himself, mass winning games cause you cant win vs phoenix and if you beat him, you just make him look pathetic. I topld Blizzard to ban his account and told them about this feature that mb Blizzard never heard of - NO Result, NO Ban.

Screw you WOW, biggest crap ever!!! Ruined war3 with the too much care Blizzard put in this piece of a .... . Many ppl play WOW then say - OMG how could i waste my time with this crap lvl 1000 Mage bla bla bla. Never ending quests, GG real life.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You talking about the order-stack overflow hack that went public yesterday? That one is a blizzard bug less so much a hack. The hack is purly used to execute it faster.

Basically, you issue about 10000 which you get to all be cancled at the same time while evaluating them (eg like can not build building orders). This results in it checking all 10000 orders if they are doable and so it hits the stack size of WC3 causing the game to crash with a fatal error or even no error. We all know about stack size from triggers, but with orders it is a realitivly new discovery.

The best solution for this is to simply restrict units to 1000 orders or to prevent over 1000 buildings you can not afford being qued up.

As for hackers in general, you can always kick them from your games before you start (custom) or if you are crazy enough to melee, blizzard needs to add a feature so melee becomes like custom game (where you can kick people who are known hackers). Throw in a blackmail list shairable between clan members / friends / people on request and you will have no more hackers.

Level 22
One teammate said he got drophacked several times. I didnt believe him coz I know you may get a hacker 1 out of 50 games, however, after I saw getting disconnected twice out of 4 games when i destroy the noob's army, like i kill his army and then i get disced - maybe my mate's right. I just couldnt believe bnet is so shitty to get drophacked every 3rd game and ive never seen this for all the years.

Blizzard are s... their d....s at the workplace it seems, making some retarded fixes patches that no one gives a shit about and not dealing with the plague in gaming. Ive never seen so massive hacks using any previous year. New patch, more hackers, wow!

Level 22
Hahahhaha yeah btw - I read some guys joked - Blizzard are soo lame that hackers themselves fix their hax. Blizzard are completely useless and helpless.

Well, I wouldnt go with this anti-hack because you may get banned for it just as much. What you mean here is btw not drophack (disconnection hack) but a hack that crashes war3 and anti crash hack - its counter. I haven't seen it yet and I dont wanna see it. Dunno if it was a coincidence that I had 2 drophackers in a row, not all are so but there seems to be more than the previous years.

Anyway hackers can counter hackers, Blizzard are useless. Why arent there hackers to work for the side of good :/

Status
Not open for further replies.