• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Fishing System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey guys, i use this fishing system www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/fishing-system-v1-0.177662/ for my map, and i have little problem, cuz that system allow heroes move/attack creep while in fishing mode..

and my question is, how to make heroes can't move/attack for random time while in fishing mode and it will able to move/attack again when they recive the fishing reward?
i already ask the fishing system's creator, but still no answer from him..

rep+ and credit for who help me..
sry 4 my bad english & thankyou!!

Level 15
You could try adding a unit variable - "Set Variable "unit fishing"=(triggering unit)" and put this action as the first action in the Fishing Initialization trigger. Then, after it add "Unit - Pause "unit fishing" variable" action after it in the Fishing Initialization trigger. After that you would need to unpause the unit after it finishes fishing, and to do that put the "Unit - Unpause "unit fishing" variable" action as the last action in the Fishing Abandon and Fishing Result triggers. I haven't tested this, and pausing the unit might even stop the fishing completely, but it might work.

Level 15
The only way is to use some else key than esc, because esc can't be found in the keyboard event. Make another trigger where the event is: Player - Keyboard Event (Owner of the unit fishing) presses the Down key, then put in action Unit - Pause ("unit fishing" variable) unit. You'd have to have those two unpause actions in those fishing triggers present, just remove the pause one in FIshing Initialization. And after those two unpause triggers that are last in Fishing Abandon and Fishing Result triggers add "Set "unit fishing variable" = No unit" action to remove the unit from the variable, so it won't pause when you are not fishing and pressing the down key.

Level 14
I have only created a more complicated one. I think, Veritas implemented something like you want in his campaign. I think, you have to learn how to use triggers to realize your idea yourself.
Maybe use the fishing system, you already used, and remake it much more simple. You could learn from it.

Level 14
no worries, I didnt do much. By the way did you try to add the orcish cargo ability to the fishing unit and remove it after the fishing is aborted or ended by triggers?
User "Unit - Add Ability" or "Remove Ability" to do so. It should render a unit unable of attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.