• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Time Using a DDS, How do i shape the trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi! I DL Weep's DDS because i needed something real simple to help with a trigger. The trigger is supposed to simulate a life-steal for attackers carrying the buff. But i am still pretty confused. I will post the third installment of the trigger package, becayse it is the one where the DDS is supposed to come into play. I can't seem to get the life steal to happen this way. I am tempted to just go back to adding/removing ItemLifesteal ability, & saying the vampiric attack only applies to melee units.

But here is the trigger.

• Unholy Link 3
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEventAmount becomes Greater than or equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Unholy Reduction (UF base)) Equal to True
      • ((Attacked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
      • ((Attacked unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
      • ((Attacked unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False
      • ((Attacked unit) is an illusion) Equal to False
      • ((Attacked unit) is dead) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: The Elven scum must...
      • Set PDD_Target = (Attacked unit)
      • Set PDD_Source = (Attacking unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (PDD_Source is A ranged attacker) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of PDD_Source to ((Life of PDD_Source) + ((DamageEventAmount / 2.00) x ((Real((Level of PDD_Target))) / (Real((Level of PDD_Source))))))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of PDD_Source to ((Life of PDD_Source) + (DamageEventAmount x ((Real((Level of PDD_Target))) / (Real((Level of PDD_Source))))))
where

The event responses are the following variables:
// GDD_Damage is the amount of damage, replacing Event Response - Damage Taken.
// GDD_DamagedUnit is the damaged unit, replacing Event Response - Triggering Unit.
// Triggering Unit can still be used, if you need to use waits.
// Read the -- Notes -- section below for more info.
// GDD_DamageSource is the damaging unit, replacing Event Response - Damage Source.

Level 5
Ok, all i can say for certain is that the failure is occurring in the Event phase. Even removing all the conditions, the trigger still does not even make it to

• Game - Display to (All players) the text: The Elven scum must be slaughtered!!!
So... i guess i am confused how to arrange events now with the DDS in place. The variables in play make it all look more complicated than it was before.[/trigger]

Level 5
Actually i did read the documentation... just none of it made any sense to me! ;)

But TY anyway Chaosy, it seems to slowly be sorting itself out.

At least the units health meter is moving in the right direction now! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.