• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Person System

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Moves the camera along with the movement of the mouse using the new functions in 1.29. I made this because I havent found anything similar yet and thought it would be a neat idea.
Move around using the arrow keys, click to attack.
Doesnt work very well if you are close to camera boundaries.
Previews
Contents

First Person System (Map)

Reviews
Tank-Commander
Hi thanks for your submission to the section, we don't have many of these so I thought I'd take a good look. There's a lot of issues with the system but I'll stick to the key ones: - The system is not MPI which is required for all submitted...
Level 3
Pretty sure first person means you see it through the eyes of the unit. Which we dont.
I agree.
Yes and no. When you lock the camera to a unit you get third person, i wanted to establish a difference between what i've made and that. Also, with just a few changes on the camera distance and angle you can get true first person.

Hi thanks for your submission to the section, we don't have many of these so I thought I'd take a good look.

There's a lot of issues with the system but I'll stick to the key ones:
- The system is not MPI which is required for all submitted resources, it only works for one specific unit for one specific player and doesn't function in the general case
- As an extension to the above there's no configuration or importing instructions to the system
- Don't use waits in systems, they're consistent and don't time consistently and leads to difficulty using the system
- The system leaks points and groups whenever they're used, there's a few tutorials on the site on how to address memory leaks

Addressing these would change the fundamental structure of the system so there's little point addressing other things until these are