• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] First map! need all your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
:fp::fp::fp: Im working on my first map and its going good, i really need help on how to do cinematics. im not that good at getting technical with stuff and world editor is sooooo damned confusing. sso can anyone help me please?

Level 20
I can suggest you the same way as i did 5 years ago when i started my old project. Open through editor the "demo campaign" with thrall in the isles, etc. and watch the triggers carefully, expecially the cinematic ones. You'll see there's pretty much stuff there but you can always copy 'n paste them to your map. When you'll do it, you'll see a good 90% of the trigger disabled; well that's because regions and variables are missing, so you'll need to replace them creating new ones by yourself. You're not forced to need the whole trigger system of those map, just the cinematic one(which is what you need for what i understood). You'll learn with that, as i did, and you can then copy 'n paste it to your subsequent maps to be quicker with building up your cine-triggers. Good luck! ;)

Level 14
As LordPerenoldeII said, looking through finished projects is a good idea to see how a finished map works. Take a look in the cinematic section, it's full of various and brilliant work and it is my belief that it will help you get some ideas, as well as introduce you to the various techniques and systems used in cinematic making.

Sometime best way to learn isn't from TUTORIAL that's it!

Open Map resources here on hive!
Search all cinematic maps
Find un locked ones and download!

Open WE and load map!

Lulz it is too simple to learn! Just try to change something all see what will change ingame! Add remove, use your imagination!

Give to yourself one week or maybe 2 if you are really beginner and I say will will be able to create your own map!
But, isn't all that simple, always there will be some IF or BUT, in this case never forget to add credits to resource you learned from!
Be good and maybe some day somebody do same for ya!

Don't make a multiplayer cinematic, as DarkAngel said, no one will watch it in battle.net
Make it a single player cine, that way you can use a lot of custom models, skins and music as well. If you have just started making cinematics, then first make a normal cinematic with not too many fights in it. Then when you've got the hang of it, you can start making fight scenes as well and then you can start making cinematic series.

Status
Not open for further replies.