• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] 'Finding' Terrain Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Man, it's nice to be in hiveworkshop again! Been ages since I was here. :)

I'm on holiday right now so I'm working again on a project I was doing last time I was here.

I was just wondering if someone could help me with a little terrain issue. I just want to tell my world editor to say: add Terrain cell 1 to variable/struct or whatever. But there's no little preset thing or anything that I can find that will let me do something so simple. I found a preset that tells me the size of a terrain cell, but not say: pregenerated terrain cells. gg_terraincell and that sort of thing.

I really don't want to have to figure out exact co-ordinates and write them in. :( I want my store terrain structs to exactly match the proper terrain cells so there's no 'mis-communication' and stuff happening that I don't want. It's important for a weather system and overall physics.

I hope I explained that properly. Could someone help me out?

Cheers

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Regions represent terrain cells. Basically a region is a collection of playfield cells and rects (which I believe are converted into cells). You will need to make a global constant region and then in an initialization trigger add the cells inorder for you to achieve what you want.

Just to clarify, a cell is an area not a position on the WC3 playfield.

If you are after a position then use a constant location or a pair of constant reals representing the X and Y of the specific position.

Eithor way you will need to enter them all manually into some piece of JASS.

Status
Not open for further replies.