• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, new here, and well im pretty newbish but kinda know about about WE and tirggering. and so i was woundering if someone can help me with this spell.This skill is from Ragnarok Online.

Safety Wall:
Creates a Safety Wall effect in 1 cell. The effect will protect anyone standing on that cell from 11 Physical attacks. The attacks do not have to hit to count against the total number of protected hits. Multiple Safety Walls do not stack on one cell.

tnx in advanced for ur help and adivce.
cheers

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use global attack damage detection system, combine it with some map based hashtables.

Basically, you hash the sector of the map to hashtables, via preforming a mathimatical opperation on X and Y to get an integer and then store the instance of the spell to that.
You then use your global attack damage detection system to get when physical damage is dealt, and when it is you simply hash the damage unit's position with the same algerthim you used for the spell cast and look up the table. If there is a spell instance then you reduce hit counter by 1, restore the damage taken to the unit (possiably via 0 timer). If not then no action is taken. When cast, it checks for if there is a instance in that sector, and if so it destoys it and remakes it. If the counter reaches 0 it should destroy itself.

The mathimatical opperation you are after should basically convert the map into AoE sized sectors. For variable AoE you will need a system which varies the number of sectors the data is stored in.

JASS will be needed ofcourse, but I guess you will have no problem with that.

Level 2
Thank you very much for like explaning that all to me, but is it possbile to explain abit simpler like what does hash mean umm JASS never ever used that. and how do u use a global attack dmg dection system, im really sorry if im making u work abit, if u dont wanna reply back its fine, its just, im not verysmart when comes to triggering, i know basic things. and ive just started working with spells that work with triggers. sorry but thank you for repling pretty soon.

Thanks in advnaced cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.