• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Spell Buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, i have 7 spells that i want a character to have, 6 of those are "Rune" spells, one of them in the "Cast rune" spell that will cast different spell based upon different rune combinations.

The part i need help with is that when i click some runes, even though the buff column has been set to nothing the buff will appear on my characters Status, althought the buff itself doesn't have any effect (Damage, Effects, Stats) the icon down the bottom still appears.

I am at a wall with how to stop that from happening so if anyone can help me i would be very appreciative.

The 2 spells are based on "Beserk" and "Roar".

Also, could anyone point out any spells that i can tweak to do absolutely nothing, as my spells are mainly trigger based.

Level 3
U must put ure own buff else game will automatilcly return default buff. U can put buff that has black icon(textures\black32.blp) with no description(" "). Other, and better, solution is to change duration of a spell to 0.01 (NOT to 0.00 then the spell will last forever) so buff will remove almost instantly. U can olso try using trigger to remove buffs:
  • Buff
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <Ure spell>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove <Ure BUff> buff from (Casting unit)

And for other question i think Chanell is best spell u can use.

Level 6
And for other question i think Chanell is best spell u can use.
it is, because user can set wether it targers unit, ground or nothing, whether it is chanelled or not, whether the icon is visible or not (that option really makes rookies give up), whether it is ultimate (can target spell imune units) or not...

you can even set the activation string (usefull if you need more than one dummy chanell on one unit).

if you want a simple solution (because you need 6 or 7 of those), you can just summon 0 water elementals with first, 0 quilbeasts with second, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.