• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buff problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
What? Your request was a way to allow your slow buff to stack. I'm telling you that you should make one slow use slow from sorceress and the other from shadow strike (from night elf warden (remember to remove damage and increase casting range)).

Level 5
Oh...
Sorry for double posting
To make buffs stack, make a trigger like this:
Event: a unit uses slow on a unit
Condition: alreadyslowed (Boolean variable that is set to true when unit is slowed once) equals to true
Action: remove buff slow (you don't need to remove two buffs as the second one cancels out the first or was it vice versa).
Create a dummy unit
Add double slow (slow skill that slows as much as both slows combined) to last created unit
Order last created unit to cast double slow on unit.
This is for slow.

Last edited:
Level 5
Ok.
Make your skill based from channel
Make a buff for your skill
Link the buff to your skill
Do this for the other skill but change the base ID for the skill and use a different base buff
Use triggers to give the spell an effect.
This should work.
I'll try to create the skill on a test map in the meantime.
I have made an observation
Buffs like spells have a certain base ID and buffs with the same ID will not stack. I'm trying to find a way to change the base ID.
Also, the buff template is the same for all buffs unlike spells (template refers to the options and stuff you see in the object editor.) So you can use any buff as a base buff.

Level 5
I'm using my phone to post these and I'm not going to be using the computer soon so I suggest you start making the skill on your own.
This tutorial may help you: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=14972 tutorial for using the skill channel
Make the spells effect be slowing the unit and make a ms checker.
Remember to make a trigger that restores the speed lost to the slow.
Post the map when you successfully made it =)

Status
Not open for further replies.