1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Find the Orb!

Submitted by Ordworse
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
You have to find every Orb in the map. There are 20 levels, each level has 1 Orb which is surrounded by unique puzzles. You must use your mind to get the Orbs and complete the game. Beware, there are levels with dangerous foes and tricks that try to cross your path.

Credits in-game.

Version 1.5, hope you will like it. If you find any bugs, please contact me.
If you liked the map, I might make a second part.

Enjoy!

Changelog:

V1.1
- Fixed some minor bugs
- Changed the text on final level

V1.2
> LEVEL 14
- Removed the Graveyard's Create Corpses ability, as well as the Ghouls' Cannibalize ability
- Increased the Ghouls' Harvest ability by increasing their Damage on trees and increasing their maximum lumber carrying capacity
- Fixed a bug where you could hear a unit's death sound when you're in an other Level
> LEVEL 17
- Increased the Peasant's speed (+10)
> LEVEL 20
- Fixed a bug where some remaining units were still alive after you've beaten the game

V1.3
- Fixed a level notification bug

V1.4
- Fixed every camera bugs (Thanks, Teldrassil!)

V1.5
- Turned off some triggers
- Player loses if they kill poor animals that are needed to complete the specific level.
> LEVEL 19
- Moved the tree closer to the Spirit Tower
- Added a rune on the stones

Keywords:
ordworse, orb, puzzle, escape, maze, dalaran, level, awesome, secret, room, secret rooms, find, search
Contents

Find the Orb! (Map)

Reviews
16:55, 4th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Ordworse

Ordworse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :)
    Well, the sequel is ~70% finished. But for now I won't realease it, I don't play WCIII now ^^ But I hope I can release it in the future. And also I'm still waiting for a moderator to review the map, I called maybe all of hem, but they're busy.
    Well, I know the level with teh acolytes is hard. I think I'll remove the canibalize and the graveyard's corpse creator ability, as you mentioned it.
    The 'brain' one was just an 'off-level', I made it because at the moment I didn't have any ideas :D But I already made the triggers and the terrain, so I didn't want to remove it from the final map.
    The camera-scrolling bug is not possible to fix by me. Maybe a moderator could help...
    Thanks for the comment and rating! ^^ Look at my other maps I released so far.

2. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Downloading. Will throw a review out later.

3. Delpiroth

Delpiroth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome map 5/5!

4. purged

purged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice map, I like it. But some levels are too easy, that is the only negative thing :p And multiplayer would be nice.

Can't you fix the camera-bug by setting camera outlook with a trigger every 0.1 seconds or so?

5. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Everything was fine, untill that tleno level. I have an idea what to do, but I don`t want to go through all that levels again (I didn`t save it :/).
    But anyway it`s relly nice and orginal map. Good job!

6. Ordworse

Ordworse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks like lots of you stuck on this level. Tomorrow I'll fix this too to make the level's trick a bit cleaner.

lol I always mentioned to save game ^^

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  7. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i didnt like it, sry.
    half of the levels i just clicked somewhere and something happened and after i solved the level i still didnt understand why this would be the solution.

for the last level, first i thought it would be a good riddle, then i didnt get it, i just accidently did the action required to finish the map, so i finished the level, still... didnt get it.

edit: removed the spoiler

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  8. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Someone put hide tags around Cyclotrutan's post please - don't want to spoil the game

Anyways the game was well presented. I did like its approach on being more direct with the player (click to interact, some portions played out like a point and click game) and I did enjoy puzzles don't test how many retards can fall into the traps before you get to them (Are You a Retard reference). Overall a novel idea.

The only thing that bothered me is that level difficulty isn't exactly even - I would get to one that was overall challenging (like the spirit tower level), but would then get to another puzzle that was overall easy and straight forward not to far after (like the riddle puzzle). Also some of the puzzles didn't exactly follow logic, more so trial and error - like the level with a single spirit tower and a farm (the progression from start to end of that puzzle kinda seemed like a wut? sort of thing - it was pretty aggrevating when the orb didn't appear at once part because I didn't completely satisfy one goal that I didn't even know was in there (and then the orb turned out to be lumber leaving me thinking now wut?).

Overall it was a very good try at a more intelligent puzzle type game then Are You a Retard, though it's still not perfect. I'll be looking forward to a sequel :)

Also could you please turn the difficulty up a little bit more in the next one (assuming you may make another one)? Some puzzles were well designed, just simplistic.

9. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    This game was really easy to beat :x i did it in 20 min i guess or less.
    It was fun for sure ! But it was too simple in my opinion. Many levels dont require any reflexion and i just clicked anywhere on the map and found the orb in 2 seconds (the corail level fore exemple or the waterfall where i just looked at the minimap to find it). The last level was fun but easy too, i had three try and this was over :x but it was a cool level, even if it was written "level 17" instead of "level 20".

10. Ordworse

Ordworse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks!
    Sure I'll make the sequel harder! ^^ Now I'm just fixing some bugs in the map, then I'll do major updates too. After the Pending Maps list is decreased ap0calypse (Map Mod) will do a review on it, and then I'll make this more harder, cleaner, add some new things and also fix old ones.

@Cyclotrutan: This map is not a 'point until you find something'. You had to find those Orbs, not just clicking on the screen until you find it :/ And I don't understand what was bad on the last level. I think it was fun, but also needed some logic.

11. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    After playing it two times, i still cant beat a specific level. The one with the orb behind a few trees. And you can build an ancient protector :D

12. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well think, what can an ancient protector do to help you get to the orb on the other side of those trees? Surely you can think of something

13. Boneknight

Boneknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I like your map and actualy its not that hard at all i got trught on my first try :)

14. Teldrassil

Teldrassil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played it, twas fun, ridiculously easy, and I'll tell you why.

Drag-select.

You can disable this in the "selection" tab of actions, just use the action:

selection - disable drag-select

on map initialization.

Being able to drag the selection box across the screen and automatically select the orb kinda took away from the difficulty lol.

If you don't feel like doing that, you could make difficulties, and on the harder difficulties you lose some game functions, like the minimap or drag-select and such.

EDIT: also, by moving the mouse wheel in and out I can zoom out the camera.

Edit2: I can also change the camera by selecting a unit to move then left clicking their portrait and holding it to follow them.

15. Sir_Astral

Sir_Astral

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To summon more goblins on lvl 20 i have to place 1 unit in each rune ? or what ? i just got 2 goblins after that i couldnt get more....So i needed 1 more unit to complete map :(

16. Ordworse

Ordworse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah place the goblin to the runes to summon more. Then you're able complete the level. Just be fast! :)

17. Sir_Astral

Sir_Astral

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well i did it, it wasnt realy hard i just had to use ctrl + 1 , 2 to go faster :)

But very nice map, after riddle house this one is best single player i ever played.

18. Ordworse

Ordworse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you... you made me happy :)

19. Teldrassil

Teldrassil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On the 20th level your goblin's explode ability can damage your other goblins, not sure but it might kill your peasant as well! so if you're missing a goblin it might have been too close to the blast.

-Teld

20. Ordworse

Ordworse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah I know that the goblins can kill their friends, but this is part of the level. I just wanted to make it harder with this, because, you know, its a last level. And Final levels must be hard somehow and should contain dangers or traps ^^