• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Fantasy Arena

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Enter the world of Final Fantasy I as one of the game characters and fight with you teammate against your enemies.

Goal: Selectable, 1-20 team kills

Duel: Every 5 minutes

Game contains 5 characters:
CloudScreen.jpg

JechtScreen.jpg

SephirothScreen.jpg

TifaScreen.jpg

WeissScreen.jpg

Characters in my map mostly use only the models of characters from Final Fantasy VII, everything other is different.

v1.0 - Uploaded
v1.1 - Added screenshots of the characters, changed fog a little bit, and improved the duel system
v1.3 -Added Hotkeys
-Improved fog, tooltips, duel system, victory condition selection and multiboard
-Fixed several bugs and leaks

Send me report of any bug in my map.
Also, feel free to send me any suggestions.

Thanks to www.wc3unlimited.com for character models.
Effects are made by Blizzard Entertainment or matija97 [me].

DO NOT EDIT OR POST ON ANY OTHER SITES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

Keywords:
final, fantasy, vii, 7, anime, arena, duel, battle, fight, war, cloud, strife, sephiroth, tifa, lockhart, weiss, jecht
Contents

Final Fantasy Arena (Map)

Reviews
18:29, 22nd Jul 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated) ----- Vengeancekael: Still rejected, the massive amount of leaks has still not been fixed. Tutorial: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basic-memory-leaks-5889/

M

18:29, 22nd Jul 2011
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)
-----
Vengeancekael: Still rejected, the massive amount of leaks has still not been fixed. Tutorial: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basic-memory-leaks-5889/

Level 28
Jecht? I mean, isn't the name "Final Fantasy VII Arena"? And isn't Jecht an FFX character?
I can live with Weiss, even though there are many more suitable FF7 characters than him (I mean, he doesn't even appear in the real FF7).

I wonder where you got the models from. Doesn't look legit (and it isn't credited, so that's basically instant-rejection).
The site you mentioned isn't on my "credible resources"-list.
Edit: Oh, and Masamune (Sephiroth's sword) should be shorter than that. Yes, his sword is long, but not THAT long. In your game it's twice Sephiroth's size, while it should be about the same size as himself

The fog is too thick. Increase the Z start.
The grey in the tooltips is too dark, use a more readable color.
No hotkeys?
The duel can start before people even got the chance to read their spells properly.
Only 1 game mode / victory condition? :/
Multiboard is cropped. You need to re-size it.
You can regen near the enemy's fountains.
Spells aren't unique (this is an Arena, spells are a major component and thus need to be good).
Edit: LEAKS! The game starts to lag after using "Explode" too much (and really, your triggering should be improved in general).