• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Few questions about JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have been editing for a while, but never dared to learn Jass. I have a few questions about Jass. How powerful it can be? Can i use Jass to launch a trigger on some event not listed in the editor (example i want a triger to run when a unit get off range, i get away by a distance from a point, event run)? What are the advantage of using it? And the current best custom editor to create custom scripts?

Level 15
There are not many events that are in JASS but not in GUI. However you can kind of create your own events. The "gets off range" event would periodically compare distances for example.
I suggest to check out the JASS resources on this page to get an understanding of how powerful it can be.
One big advantage of JASS compared to GUI is that you can make the code a lot more efficient. JASS offers new features that make a lot of things much easier compared to how you would do it in GUI. Good examples are local variables, timers and functions
Damage Detection Systems are very common among GUI users, but they are written in JASS, because you cannot create them with GUI in a good way.

This is the best custom editor: SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.