• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Hey i have been trying to learn JASS, but each time when i make a triger in JASS it screw the whole map and it stops responding !

Could someone help me learn JASS, Maybe at the MSN or even at hive with Private messages ofcourse.

I will really appreciate anyone who help me learn it, also for more info i don't want to use anything but the world editor, i want to learn pure JASS not New Gen or something like that.

Popular Questions :

Q-Why didn't u read any tutorials ?

A-I have readed about 10 tutorials in diffrent sites ( Hive - thehelper -
Wc3 campaings - ext..... ) and i didn't understand a thing !

Like i learned MUI in GUI with someone on MSN ( Nidhogg-Kun *i think* ) it will be easyer to learn JASS.

Thnx for the helps anyways :p ~~RMX~~

Level 2
The best way in my opinion to learn, is by example. Maybe try out some JASS codes/spells here on the site. And play around with them a bit until you get it. And then try to make something on your own?

Another issue that maybe you're having is syntax errors. Which are what most of the JASS programs are--a syntax checker. One little thing wrong and it won't work.

Don't try to take it all in stride, rather than, just understand a few things at a time, and then learn how the work together. A good place to start would be locals, loops, If/Then/Else conditions. These things can all be learned easily individually to how they relate to just normal GUI.

Level 9
Depends on what you need help on really, but if it's starting JASS from the very beginning I may be able to help, I learned few things from the tutorial but most of my experience in the editor is self teaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.