• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Feudalism

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: UndeadImmortal
Feudalism is a DoTA like map, but instead of the lanes branching out then meeting at the bases the lanes converge in the middle. This is the FIRST game i ever made. It has been widely expanded since i was ten years old but needless to say it has a lot of issues. Balance is non existent and there is definitely room for improvement. But these problems are part of the fun, playing this with friends makes you laugh at the idiocy that is me :D

Features
• Extremely over powered heros
• High item costs but easily accessible money
• Unique map structure

Resources:
Barbarian Skills 1.1 by Marcelo Hossomi

Changelog:
-Changed lane setup so that Ramparts are no longer useless
-Changed how respawn works, you know respawn automaticaly
-Added several new heros
-Various balances
-Attempted to fix various issues with map
-Added a ban/pick system

Keywords:
MOBA, GUI, warcraft
Contents

Feudalism (Map)

Reviews
16:17, 14th May 2013 Orcnet: as of Juno's & Daffa the Mage's reviews
Level 30
^ Agreed. WiP Maps are not allowed and also you have a short description, make a more detailed description covering all things that Player should know about this map. And I suggest use VK's Map Description Generator to improve your description, go to Daffa signature or mine.

Last edited:
Level 4
Still, the is in progress (not fully done) I suggest redirection for this map to our Map Develporment Forum make a thread there about your map and ask for feedback from other users before release

alright thank you. i just felt it was done cuz i have played this with my friends for the longest time and wanted to post it for the world, again i am realy new to this, thank you very much :D how would we remove this particular post?

Level 4
Voting for :
Rejection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reasons :
>>Resources aren't credited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Template by Daffa the Mage"

arent resources things you have used that you didnt make?

Level 4
Okay, I'm modifying my review, but still, WIP aren't allowed, so the voting retains the same

with the update i jsut did i am largely done with it. all that i can do is add items and heros to it and update it. i have been playing it with my friends for 7 years and feel it is complete. all spells work properly and this update patched the only bug i know of, all player slots now work and my friends and i just tested all of them. how is a map considered WIP

Level 23
Here's a short review for your map..

navbits_start.gif
It would be better if you replace those shades in the hero selection with circle of powers as they could distract new player somehow..

navbits_start.gif
In the taverns, heroes doesn't have equal stock maximums or whatever you call that..
222907-albums6224-picture68898.jpg

change that in the object editor
222907-albums6224-picture68899.jpg

and since this is an AOS map, that should only be 1

navbits_start.gif
instead of typing "//start" to start the game, which is annying once you play it over and over.. you can use the food area as a countdown timer, and if a player hasn't chosen a hero, you can just randomize a hero for him when the game starts.

navbits_start.gif
when the player chooses a hero, make sure to pan the camera to where the hero has spawned.. I didn't even noticed that I already chose a hero..

navbits_start.gif
You can clearly improve the terrain.. right now, there are lots of empty areas that needs to be filled up. You should also put more tile variation in it and the terrain is really flat.

navbits_start.gif
the creep camps look like they were just randomly placed and whenever I attack a creep, It seems to run off to a random point, then when I stop attacking it, it returns to its original place. you have to fix that.

navbits_start.gif
the creeps are just the default ones aren't they?

navbits_start.gif
You know you don't need these right?
222907-albums6224-picture68900.jpg

222907-albums6224-picture68902.jpg

222907-albums6224-picture68903.jpg

You can just create these through triggers. If you have some triggers referring to these, you can just create the item, store it in a variable then viola! you can use them like how you use them when you pre-place them in the map! Same applies to the units.

navbits_start.gif
I managed to choose 2 different heroes. the Storm Earth and Fire, and the nightmare.. Heck, I can choose a lot of heroes since you don't remove the shade if you choose the storm earth and fire..

222907-albums6224-picture68901.jpg

navbits_start.gif
the storm earth and fire only gives 1 hero but in the description, it says that it's 3 different heroes.. I was expecting to use three different heroes at one time.. :V
Instead there was that ability where whenever I change from Int to Str panda, all of these poor pandas are damaged.

222907-albums6224-picture68904.jpg

navbits_start.gif
I can't start the damned thing.. :V
I already typed //start but nothing happened.. you should really check that out.

navbits_start.gif
I got tired of finding A LOT of bugs so I quit the game.

I can just conclude that this is just a mere WIP (work in progress) map and needs A LOT of changes and improvements. I can also see that most of the abilities are just standard warcraft 3 abilities and if not, they are not MUI.

Oh, BTW, there are A LOT of abilities that shares the same Order ID's. they are cast at the same time when the hero uses one of them.

If you work on this map more, this could result into a very nice AOS but for now, here's my rating:
222907-albums6215-picture68667.gif

Level 4
@juno
Thank you for finding those bugs and giving suggestions. However I know a lot of the abilities share the same order ID. That was intentional. Ward Master for example, his ultimate is with serpent ward the idea is that his ultimate modifies the wards so that every some odd seconds he can make a big ass ward followed by a regular 1. And Storm, Earth, and Fire are supposed to be separate entities. I want them to have that separate hp, mp, and xp bar. I also want them to have a small bonus to hp and mp regen when not in play. How would I accomplish this without them premade. Same on the wolves, idk how to make it so that they get the change ability set per night and day without the preset units. The items I do know how to remove tho. As for the //start... OMG I TOTALY FORGOT ABOUT THAT, yeah I hate it too, as 2 why it Dosent work is cuz it only works for p1. The reason on it is cuz the game sorely needs draft/ captins mode, whatever u want to call it and don't know how to make it has someone posted how to do that? i couldnt find anything. For the jungle camps, I gave them wander because I wanted the to never be in the same place, what I'm not happy about it is the experience it provides, I spent weeks trying to fix it and came to no avail. The abilities, c'mon man I made this when I was 10 and was figuring everything out by trial and error. This is honestly why the map is oddly proportioned to the max size because I really didn't know what I was doing. I will admit tho there a lot of things i wish I knew then that I do now. I've really just started using variables and me newly finding the hive has been a serious boom to how fast I'm learning. Everything else I have nothing to say about other than I'm putting it in now. Again thank you so much and if you know how to fix those problems I have stated I would really appreciate you/someone sending the solution to me :D

Level 23
However I know a lot of the abilities share the same order ID. That was intentional. Ward Master for example, his ultimate is with serpent ward the idea is that his ultimate modifies the wards so that every some odd seconds he can make a big ass ward followed by a regular 1.

The problem with having the same order ID's is that player can be confused with what they are actually casting. Like for example, I have a hero with two different stormbolt abilities but still the same Order ID, they could click the other skill but since the two abilities have the same order ID's, instead of the one they clicked, the other ability could be the one that will fire.

And Storm, Earth, and Fire are supposed to be separate entities. I want them to have that separate hp, mp, and xp bar. I also want them to have a small bonus to hp and mp regen when not in play. How would I accomplish this without them premade.

You can create these heroes when a player chooses them and store them in variables then hide them through triggers. As for the bonus regen, that can be done through triggers too.

I could make em' for you but I am quite busy with my own things and I'm not really an expert in doing that so I'm might make some mistakes. There are some spell workshops here at hive that might help.

Same on the wolves, idk how to make it so that they get the change ability set per night and day without the preset units.

Same with above.

The items I do know how to remove tho.

Select the item then press the delete key? unless you're using them in a trigger then you can also do it with variables.

As for the //start... OMG I TOTALY FORGOT ABOUT THAT, yeah I hate it too, as 2 why it Dosent work is cuz it only works for p1. The reason on it is cuz the game sorely needs draft/ captins mode, whatever u want to call it and don't know how to make it has someone posted how to do that? i couldnt find anything.

Yeah, and I was just wondering how in the world did you and your friends manage to play the game with that all these years? X3

For the jungle camps, I gave them wander because I wanted the to never be in the same place, what I'm not happy about it is the experience it provides, I spent weeks trying to fix it and came to no avail.

wandering is just fine, but you should make them stop whenever a hero attacks them. it's annoying how creeps just do some kind of crazy dance because they're confused on what to really do. Attack the hero killing them, or wander somewhere random. and for the player, it's also annoying especially if you're a melee hero and the creep is ranged coz you're like playing tag with the creep.

about the experience gain, This tutorial could help.

EDIT: you can also ask the forums here. There's a lot of people who are willing to help you if you just ask sincerely. :3

Level 4
Wow! Thanks :) but on the order ID I realy like the way the abilities work and I do say in the tooltip that the other ability will be used first. Buuuuut I would be willing to change it if I knew how. And same topic... Wait whut? Which character uses storm bolt twice? Also I've seen you around a lot and like you and was wondering: you sed that it could be a really good AOS, I know what ur problems with it are but what do u like about it?

Then lets just state the map is WIP.
We can reject the map for now.
Make a thread at Map Development for your map and ask for feedback from users.

Also, Juno statement pointed out a map submission rule that you've violate :
Efficient triggering:
The triggering needs to be efficient and mostly leakless.

Also your description is lacking, which violates this one too :
Submitted Map Resources need to have a good description on the Hive. Map title, author, features list, short gameplay explanation, a credits list, screenshots, a changelog, etc.
A map description that only contains "Hope you like it, my first map" or "power core v3 new updates, see loadingscreen good map" will be rejected.
Suggested Links for Description : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/map-description-generator-1-2-a-224558/
The Bold one is the mistake

Also, Map Dubbed as CONSTRUCTION is not allowed too :
Furthermore, maps dubbed as "CONSTRUCTION" maps are not allowed either. If you want a user to add something to your map for you (system, etc.), then please make a thread in WEHZ.

Well, that's all I can say

Have a good day then my good sir :)

Last edited: