• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fixing order ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok so in this map http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/feudalism-234189/ I have used the same order ID on the same hero. juno has suggested that I remove that. I want the abilities to behave the same as if they were on the same order ID in the order I presently have the set but not be on the same order ID how would I accomplish this? If you download the map to see what I mean, Ward Master or Jayce the Mind F****r are good examples

Level 29
Ok so in this map http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/feudalism-234189/ I have used the same order ID on the same hero. juno has suggested that I remove that. I want the abilities to behave the same as if they were on the same order ID in the order I presently have the set but not be on the same order ID how would I accomplish this? If you download the map to see what I mean, Ward Master or Jayce the Mind F****r are good examples

Not exactly sure what ur asking lol. That is a very confusing question. Can u plz explain better ?

Level 30

Do you mean how to change Order ID of skills, its easy actually. First go to Object editor, and to your ability and find this: Text - Order String - Use/ Turn Off then change it to a new Order ID.
For example, you have two abilities that have same Order ID, change the other's ability's Order Id to a different one through this process I gave you. =)

Level 4
It's like using storm bolt twice for different abilities, when you use one ability it may use another depending on the order you place them in the unit's abilities. In the case of Ward Master, I have his ult always be casted before serpent ward so that every time the stronger ward is off cd it will be casted first. However, the game attempts to cast both of them at the same time and show that both Master Ward and Serpent Ward are being cast and juno has stated that this can be confusing. So what I want is that when I remake the abilities using channel that they still cast in the same order no matter what

Do you mean how to change Order ID of skills, its easy actually. First go to Object editor, and to your ability and find this: Text - Order String - Use/ Turn Off then change it to a new Order ID.
For example, you have two abilities that have same Order ID, change the other's ability's Order Id to a different one through this process I gave you. =)

Ok that will make it so I don't have to remake them, but how would I make it so that they still cast in the same order

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
It's like using storm bolt twice for different abilities, when you use one ability it may use another depending on the order you place them in the unit's abilities. In the case of Ward Master, I have his ult always be casted before serpent ward so that every time the stronger ward is off cd it will be casted first. However, the game attempts to cad both of them at the same time and show that both Master Ward and Serpent Ward are being cast and juno has stated that this can be confusing. So what I want is that when I remake the abilities using channel that they still cast in the same order no matter what

Oh, well, if you cast an ability. Make a trigger where you will summon a dummy and make it cast the other ability, make sure to give it the ability.

Level 4
if these spells are based off of the same ability then changing the order id wont work. u will need to change the base order id which is only possible with the Channel ability.

Ok so I have to change 1 spell, but how do I make it so that even after the remake that they still behave like they are on the same order ID?

Yes but different units are casting, the Hero and the dummy, so there are no conflicts in Order ID. I will give you a test map to show my proof.. wait a minute.

Wooooow I just saw this Kk thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
Level 4
i understand lol im just giving u another solution. its ur map so ultimately its ur choice on what u want to do.

also u may want to check out my tutorial it can help u with a lot of stuff.
heres the link http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/things-gui-user-should-know-233242/

I've read that thing so many times lol each time pulling something new. I just don't often get the chance to fully understand it cuz my fiancé drags me away lol

Level 29
I've read that thing so many times lol each time pulling something new. I just don't often get the chance to fully understand it cuz my fiancé drags me away lol

lol ok haha. it is quite massive but i love all in one tutorials. its so much easier to understand everything. glad u like it tho. if u ever get confused feel free to ask me for help lol

Level 30
I am very sorry If I am late, I keep losing internet connection this day. SO here is a map. I made a skill named Elemental Bolt based On Firebolt. What it does is you will cast a firebolt at an enemy dealing 100 damage then a dummy will also cast a Frost Bolt also dealing 100 damage equals 200.

Is that what you meant by combo spells like when you cast a Serpent Ward also a Healing Ward will appear for example?

BTW, this is maybe not an MUI spell....

Attachments

• Test - Dummy.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 40
Level 4
that isnt what im looking for BUT i am totally using it for something else. see when you have 2 spells of the same order ID the first one in line must be on CD b4 the other can be used. say i have Death Bolt and use storm bolt to make it possible then say for Elemental Bolt we also use storm bolt. In the object editor i place Death Bolt on the top of the list and Elemental Bolt below it. If death bolt is not on CD and i use Elemental Bolt, Elemental Bolt will not be used but Death Bolt will. Once Death Bolt is off cooldown you can now cast Elemental Bolt. I realy like this set up for some of my characters however when this is done it looks like they are both being casted at the same time and i just want to remove that

Level 29
that isnt what im looking for BUT i am totally using it for something else. see when you have 2 spells of the same order ID the first one in line must be on CD b4 the other can be used. say i have Death Bolt and use storm bolt to make it possible then say for Elemental Bolt we also use storm bolt. In the object editor i place Death Bolt on the top of the list and Elemental Bolt below it. If death bolt is not on CD and i use Elemental Bolt, Elemental Bolt will not be used but Death Bolt will. Once Death Bolt is off cooldown you can now cast Elemental Bolt. I realy like this set up for some of my characters however when this is done it looks like they are both being casted at the same time and i just want to remove that

it would be easier to do what i suggested above, IMO. just trigger the 2 spells when one is casted change a boolean. that way u use an ITE with the boolean. the one spell u put in the then block. the other u put in the else block. It should work relatively good. for the 2 spell icons on the hero make one a dummy spell and that should be fine for what u want.

Level 29
juno is correct, if you have this ability;
storm bolt 1 = spell 1
storm bolt 2 = spell 2
storm bolt 3 = spell 3

the thing is they use the same orderID, so they will cast at the same time, which is bad, so why not try this:
storm bolt = spell 1
fire bolt = spell 2
shadow strike = spell 3

you cant just change the orderID via order string unless the ability is channel...

Status
Not open for further replies.