- Dec 13, 2018
Set to awaiting update.
- All building, destructible, item, and unit models must include a game camera or portrait model; attachment and doodad models need not.
- Building, destructible, unit, hero, attachment models must be properly animated. - The heel protectors and head gear pieces are connected to the wrong bones (right foot protector should be connected to Bone35 and left foot protector to Bone36 while the head gear piece should be bone Bone44). Please make the weapon invisible in the Portrait Talk animations so it doesn't flicker in the portrait. Please make Spell Throw, Spell and Spell Slam Have the same start and end keyframes. Please make Stand Victory looping. Also add decay or dissipate animations. If you add dissipate please also add hero glow and dissipate sounds in the dissipate animation.
- The mesh must be clean, with no excess of unnecessary edges and no wasteful geosets or polies.
- The UV map must be decent and continuous, with as few seams as possible and without nasty stretching of the skin.
- The model must have proper attachment points. - There's a ton of unused attachment points here. Please delete the unused attachment points, and make sure the model is left with a minimum of; Overhead, Head, Chest, Left Hand, Right Hand, Left Foot, Right Foot, Origin. Also make sure the attachment points are connected to the correct bones, and the pivot point values corresponds with the pivot point values of the bones they are attached to.
Attachment models must list all models for which they were optimized for (One at the very least). If the model is a geomerge, make sure the parts are blended properly and so they don't look like something wickedly unnatural (i.e. exaggeratedly huge heads, very thin necks/waists, etc); objects that should be attached to body parts must not float around or be attached unnaturally (i.e. a sword floating near the hand or attached to the lower arm instead of being in the fist); also make sure the UV mapping is correct and that it has no nasty stretching. If so, redo it.
- The submission must include an in-game screenshot.
- Models ported/converted from other games/sources must be submitted in the "Ported Models" sub section.
Models for HD graphics in Reforged must be submitted in the "Reforged HD Models" sub section. As a side note of the second rule, if you want to submit a model that retains all of its default WoW (or source game) animations it should be done in a pastebin, and be linked in the description of the original post in the resource thread.
- Must have death sounds. - The death sound starts at keyframe 730033 however the Death animation start keyframe is 22295. The same goes for the splat.
- Must have footsteps/footprints if applicable. - The footprints are registered at keyframes 729489 and 729144 however the Walk animation keyframes ranges from 7850-8544.
- Extents must be properly calculated.
- Normals should be recalculated to remove any dark/black areas (if any). This can be done easily with RMS (Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack).
- Must be properly scaled (WoW models are often way too small) so attachments and projectiles are also properly scaled.
- All materials must have the correct filtering mode.
If the model has a dissipate animation it must have a dissipate sound in the dissipate animation. Particle emitters on models that originally have particles in the source game is a big plus.
- Make a portrait animation instead of a separate _Portrait model.
In case the model uses fabric headgear (such as various bandanas etc) try to attach the bottom part of the bandana mesh to the chest bone so the cloth doesn't clip through the chest, but rather stick to the chest while the upper part follows the heads' animations.
- The models should be optimized using Mdlvis with everything checked except for "Increase compressibility (MDX Only)" as that function is faulty.
- Textures should be renamed with a prefix to make imports easier, and to be more structured. For example a human male warrior body texture could be; HMW_Body.blp.
- All textures can be saved with 75% compressibility to further reduce file size. - I was able to reduce the size of all textures considerably.
- Footstep sounds are a big plus, especially with big models that would obviously make sound when moving around.
- Splats in death animations is recommended.
Set to awaiting update.