• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Female Troll Assasin

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
My entry for the 35th Modeling Contest!
Head was stolen from NE archer and heavily modified. Ran out of time so portrait animations is from Sylvanus.
Texture, body and the rest of the animations were made using Blender and Krita. Finalized in RMS.
Previews
Contents

Female Troll Assasin (Model)

Fixed Normals (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A lovely model, but there are a few unneeded tracks other minor issues...
Level 10
Nice! Though I think it could use a second Attack animation, one that incorporates the other dagger, and the walk animation is a bit slow/wooden. Otherwise very cool and useful model!
I had some plans for a second attack animation, and an attack slam animation but ran out of time. As for the walk animation, Blender introduced some stutter I didn't have time to fix when I baked my IK-animations to FK. 😒 and I agree I should have sped it up more.

The model look decent, the texture however need more shading.
The texture is so simple 🥴 it needs more shading and add more stuff to make it look like a troll.
I worked in 2048*2048 and used human references and that in combination with blenders lighting made me a bit blind to the lack of shading. When I realized it I had too little time to fix it, and I feel like the shading I had done looked too soft and undefined when I increased the intensity:
TrollAssasin_MoreShading.png

I might do some revisions when the contest is over 🙃

Attachments

• FemaleTrollAssasin_MoreShading.blp
    124.4 KB · Views: 3
Level 2
I had some plans for a second attack animation, and an attack slam animation but ran out of time. As for the walk animation, Blender introduced some stutter I didn't have time to fix when I baked my IK-animations to FK. 😒 and I agree I should have sped it up more.

I worked in 2048*2048 and used human references and that in combination with blenders lighting made me a bit blind to the lack of shading. When I realized it I had too little time to fix it, and I feel like the shading I had done looked too soft and undefined when I increased the intensity:
View attachment 414409

I might do some revisions when the contest is over 🙃
It looks good now 😘😘😘

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
I see her as a maturing chrysalis of a great asset but as you say, you lacked time to apply couple last layers of polish. She has great potential and I suggest to continue working on her even after the contest is ended. There is a lot of quality effort already put into her and I think she's worth even more.

Also, it's good to see Twilac himself making assets :p . I love your version of RMS and use it on daily basis, as it features many things I sorely miss in standard RMS. I was wondering what [co-]author of this soft can do himself in it :].

Level 10
If your planning to revision this cool troll i suggest a bit more shading, its still kinda bland for my eyes just like the nose to face skin in portraits, some for the hair and define those muscles 💪😅

adhamnovhak

Banned
Level 3
If you could give her texture that would look like original Troll Spearthrower then it would be really great, this one looks bland to me.
Other than that, really nice job