• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Female" Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This has been in my mind since I was noobie mapmaker:
Why are there so few female armor icon??

If you look thru hives icon section there are very few female designed armor icons (leather and cloth ones) which doesn't make any sense since there is like 5-15 new icons every day.
How can people miss this? Its more original than another Slashin Sword or a new set of Troll icons

More of this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnadvancedmagearmor-117438/?prev=search%3Darmor%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

As has been demonstrated countless times.. of course.. *cough*

Anyway, I think the lack, or lesser amount, of female icons in general mirrors the presence of female (character) models in the game. Furthermore, the low poly standard of WarCraft III doesn't justify the making of female models, hence why people hardly make them - let alone use them.

This is, of course, all gibberish, and I would be delighted to spam cleavage icons if it weren't for my far too busy schedule sophisticated taste.

Level 11
As has been demonstrated countless times.. of course.. *cough*

Anyway, I think the lack, or lesser amount, of female icons in general mirrors the presence of female (character) models in the game. Furthermore, the low poly standard of WarCraft III doesn't justify the making of female models, hence why people hardly make them - let alone use them.

This is, of course, all gibberish, and I would be delighted to spam cleavage icons if it weren't for my far too busy schedule sophisticated taste.

Cleavage is not a necessary detail to draw, just the shape indicates that it is an armor worn by a female. And the usage of these types of icons is not uncommon.

In one of my older maps, I had a unique item for each Hero with a related armor icon for the Hero and since I had like 6 Female and 7 Male Heroes it got troublesome due to the lack of female icons.

Level 11
Most video game characters (Warcraft III being no exception) are male so it makes perfect sense that most icons are "male" as well.

Besides, "male" icons look more unisex than female icons.

I don't want to change the standards of armor icons, I am just saying that a few female armor icons could be useful for ability and Unique items.

Level 11
There are a lot of icons that would be useful. What's your point?

There are only like 3 of this type of icons here on the Hive so no, there aren't "a lot" of them, that is why I started this thread -.-

My Point
People are creating many icons and upload them here but the originality is still lacking when we already have hundreds of sword icons when there are very few of the other kinds of icons.
And mapmakers always have the need of different icons, how original is it to have 10 swords and 1 mace in a RPG shop?

And the main reason why I brought up the "Female Icons" for this was that many maps have a class (Hero) specific items, most maps generally have 1 model for each hero and its either a male or a female model (or something more...) and then wouldn't it make sense that those items really look like they were meant to be on that specific hero.

Anyway I think my question has been answered already in the first replies. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.