• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Improved Felguards

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

Improved Felguards:

Hello,
I decided to update all the felguard models.
For each model I did some small changes to the armor components and added some missing animation
Issues:
  • The original models were lacking some proper stand animations and all had issues with the armor geosets not been set right.
Updates:
  • Felguard - added stand 1 from bloodfiend / added belt for shoulderpad / changed the belt to work better with his animations
  • Bloodfiend - changed the armor to work better with his animations
  • Overlord - changed his armor to work better with his animations and added the stand 1 from beta. Thank you to @Retera for providing the original model!
  • Minor cloth animation edited
Installation:
To have them as the default models in your game add the .mdx files to the path:
  • \units\demon\felgaurd
  • \units\demon\bloodfiend
  • \units\demon\felgaurdblue
Check out my other work here:
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Contents

Bloodfiend (Model)

Bloodfiend portrait (Model)

Felguard (Model)

Felguard portrait (Model)

Overlord (Model)

Overlord portrait (Model)

Level 6
How exactly do I find these files to replace them? Sorry bit of a novice when it comes to modifying the folders themselves. Even a link to a guide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Level 36
How exactly do I find these files to replace them? Sorry bit of a novice when it comes to modifying the folders themselves. Even a link to a guide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Np friend. I was there too :D
I am sure there are guide on hive that can explain you in detail. But I will try to help you :D

I suggest to first download the mod Quenching Mod (Latest v1.9)
This will give your game all the folders which the original game should have :D
1653340717230.png

These folders are part of the models for all units/buildings/doodad in short all the things you see in the game they can be changed by adding the .mdx you want in the proper location

For these models you can read in my description where the .mdx model must be added
EXAMPLE:
  • Warcraft III\retail\units\demon\felgaurd
Note: The .mdx files must have the name of the folder you copy them to.
  • For example for me Warcraft III\retail\units\demon\felgaurd you will add the .mdx files with the name felguard and felguard_portrait
For more info see the guides on hive or search on youtube :D . There are many sources that can help :)

Level 6
Np friend. I was there too :D
I am sure there are guide on hive that can explain you in detail. But I will try to help you :D

I suggest to first download the mod Quenching Mod (Latest v1.9)
This will give your game all the folders which the original game should have :D
View attachment 400106
These folders are part of the models for all units/buildings/doodad in short all the things you see in the game they can be changed by adding the .mdx you want in the proper location

For these models you can read in my description where the .mdx model must be added
EXAMPLE:
  • Warcraft III\retail\units\demon\felgaurd
Note: The .mdx files must have the name of the folder you copy them to.
  • For example for me Warcraft III\retail\units\demon\felgaurd you will add the .mdx files with the name felguard and felguard_portrait
For more info see the guides on hive or search on youtube :D . There are many sources that can help :)
This was amazing help thank you so much!!!!

Level 6
Hey, I just wanna confirm something super quick. So when I go into the folder I just put both the unit and portrait mdx in the folder? For example is this one right?

Attachments

• Sample screen.png
    Sample screen.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 20