• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Feign Death <Can I have it?>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Apologies in advance if this has come up before, I ran a search but yielded no positive results.

I was kicking around ideas for spells with a friend when he asked me what would be a good ability for a Rogue-type Hero. After mentioning things like "Back Stab" or something Stealing related; Feign Death popped into mind. I thought to myself, this would be a pretty cool ability if used in the right situation (i.e Map). Granted I don't have a use for this immediately, I still think it would be an interesting concept and I'd like to see it glorfied.

Don't get this confused with Reincarnation right off the bat. This be something more like an activated Reincarnation at best. Simple enough you activate the ability and The user(Here on out referred to as "the Rogue") would instantly drop dead; dispelling any magic buffs, creep hate, etc. Their "corpse" will sit there until one of two things happens. Since the Rogue is technically dead to the world, there would have to be an amount of time determining how long he can cling to the mortal coil before truly dying. In the event this time expires the Rogue Dies and bounty, exp, whatever, is rewarded to the last unit to attack the Rogue. So I guess in the event the Rogue suicides using this ability no Bounty, etc would be rewarded. Anyways while Feigning Death the Rogue can do nothing more but sit there and look like a pretty corpse, besides actually reviving himself that is. So I imagine an ability/item/whatever should be usable while he is Feigning death to revive him.

I don't know if this would actually be a viable ability in any Map, but it would be interesting to see it done.

Level 10
sorry im dont have much time left on the computer and i really dont intend to read anything but... in my map there's also a rogue-like hero with a similar spell. except that its called "decoy" and i use phase shift. when the unit starts the effect of an ability, i create a dummy and use triggers to kill the dummy. then create another dummy to cast invisibility on the hero and VIOLA!

Level 2
Hmm I think that could be a start. It's not exactly what I'm looking for but I think that might've put me in the right direction. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Hoorah... the things you learn. Thanks for the slight (If any) inspiration as I'm getting close to perfecting this reasonably interesting ability. I'll probably submit it to the spell section when I get to where I want it.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.