• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 12
Love the redesign, feels a lot more focussed on the core parts of the Hiveworkshop. I also think it looks great visually. I never was a big fan of the website being fullscreen so I appreciate the less wide size.

Some small things here and there.

For all resource sections
upload_2020-12-30_0-42-45.png

upload_2020-12-30_0-42-52.png

I don't quite see the usefulness of this panel showing the name of the subresources. The expanding while hovering is also quite annoying since it often blocks a resource name I am trying to read.

I think it can just be removed?

2. For all resource sections
When I'm searching for an appropriate resource I usually look mostly at the image and resource name. Bigger images would be really nice for easy visual scanning. Since most images are usually wider than they are tall and there is usually even quite some vertical space left, I think the images can be made quite a bit bigger without any other big changes.

Here is a quick mockup (excuse any aspect ratio changes/blur)
upload_2020-12-30_0-52-18.png

3. Top floating toolbar

Putting the resource icons roughly above the big ones with some text really improves the navigation
upload_2020-12-30_0-59-56.png

VS

upload_2020-12-30_0-59-41.png

Again, love the redesign. Keep up the good work.

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-30_0-45-49.png
    upload_2020-12-30_0-45-49.png
    244 KB · Views: 28

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Noted.

Hello guys !

Let me start by saying your site is a gold mine. Without this amazing place, I would have probably given up already.
When I came back to wc3 mapmaking in December, i logged into wc3capaigns but a few days later the site went down for good.
And I found you !

Anyways this is not the real purpose of this message as you can imagine.
I have a problem. I don't think I am dumb, but I certainly am completely outdated as I have never actively participated to a forum since 2004.

We didn't have reputation points, we had a very few BBCode tags. Now I start becoming active here and I am lost.
The site rules mentions donating to support the sire, but I cannot find the "Make A Donation" button in the top left area on the site.

Next, I have no idea how reputation should be used. I mean of course I know more or less what it means, but what are they used for? Some people kindly sent me reputation points, I don't know if I should thank them, return the favor or whatever.

Also I can't even properly join pictures (like those in hide/show buttons). And is there a Jass tag to post code ?

If you could give me the links to tutorials or explanations about these things, it would be a real lifesaver!

Thanks in advance for any help you will be able to provide!

1. For all resource sections
upload_2020-12-30_0-42-45-png.371076

upload_2020-12-30_0-42-52-png.371077

I don't quite see the usefulness of this panel showing the name of the subresources. The expanding while hovering is also quite annoying since it often blocks a resource name I am trying to read.

I think it can just be removed?
Woah whoah. Yes maybe? @Archian?

Status
Not open for further replies.