• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favourite Song Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, Sali and Gruesse

tfhqc3wdu7q7.jpg

Favourite Song Map

Map genre: just for fun, listen music
Player number: 1 - 12
Mapsize: That is in your responsibility^^, but the map should be as small as possible!
Copyright: The Map is Open Source, so use the Basic Version to create new maps.

Favourite Song Map v1.0 BV
Favourite-Song-Map-v1.0-BV.w3x
That is the Basic Version of the map. The map has got neither songs nor pictures, and you can start the map, but due to the codes it let shut WarCraft III down. That is why you should edit the map, before you start it at the first time.

I made an example maps, that you can see, what everything is possible to do with this map.
I abused the max map size, but you should better create small maps.
Favourite Song Map v1.0 ZCZ
Favourite-Song-Map-v1.0-ZCZ.w3x
This map, Favourite Song Map v1.0 Z - Commander Zod, in cludes quotes and the game-music of a very old favourite game of me.

Preambel:
The Favourite Song map is, how its name says, a map, which helps you to host your favourite song.
I made the map in this way, that everybody, who is brave enough to read my manual, can edit the map and import sound and picture files.
I was often asked, what the sense of the map is, what is the sense of WarCraft III, having fun and a good time and you can also listen music and watch some pictures of the band with this map.

Map Edit:
You do not have to know how to code in the World Editor to create your own version of the Favourite Song Map, I explain everything in the map.
You only have to open the World Editor, then open the Trigger-Editor and read the functions:
"Read this text at first" and "TO EDIT BY YOU"!
Here you have some freeware to edit your sound and picture files.

Freeware-List:
To edit the Sound-Files:
Audacity
SUPER
mp3DirectCut

To Edit the Picture-Files:
IrfanView
Warcraft 3 Viewer

To edit the names:
Ant Renamer
If you know better softwarte, let me know it.

Closing remarks:
Some Testers said, it is a little bit boring only to listen music, that is why I had the idea to add a little minigame.
I tested, if it is possible to create and play Guitar Hero in a funmap, untill I found this map Guitar Hero III of The_Witcher, I could not have done this better myself.
The development of the Favourite Song Map is finished, but if you find bugs, would like to adjust more properties or have ideas for new features, I will release a new version.

ok have fun and best regards

WarlordsMaster

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.