• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guitar Hero III

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my Guitar Hero III map.

I made it cause there are some GH like maps here but i didn't like them and decided to make my own game.

i tried to make it as much GH as possible:
you have to hit the scrolling notes when they are on your line by pressing the right keys

when you hit a note the crowd is happy and when you miss a note the crowd gets dissappointed...

the Rock-O-Meter shows that to you
(ROCK 0% => you lost, ROCK 100% => everything is ok)

sometimes starpower notes appear...
if you hit all star power notes in a row without missing you get a starpower container...
with 3 or more containers you can activate starpower
starpower doubles your multiplier and makes the crowd much faster happy...

finish a song to win the game...

Features:
- Keys can be setup ingame
- Own models for more GH feeling
- Game is pausable everytime by pressing [Esc]
- Includes 2 of the best songs from GH III
- Custom UI for uninterrupted gameplay
- 4 difficulties (easy, normal, hard, expert)

Remember to turn your music on (Ctrl + M)!!
All models made by me!!

The map is protected!!

But if you want to know how something works PM me and i'll help!!

Have fun ^^

PS.: The Models are here on The Hive, too!!

Keywords:
guitar, hero, legends, of, rock, fun, singleplayer, minigame, notes, starpower, star, easy, medium, hard, expert, keyboard
Contents

Guitar Hero III (Map)

Reviews
23:23, 20th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated) Great game, the best Guitar Hero-imitation I've seen so far, but the notes are randomly spawned, so the entire meaning of the game is gone...

M

23:23, 20th Sep 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Great game, the best Guitar Hero-imitation I've seen so far, but the notes are randomly spawned, so the entire meaning of the game is gone...

Level 14
Intresting game! I liked it, however the game should not end when you finish a song. The meny should pop up again so you could restart. Also the notes on easy move WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy to slow, I thought since I'm pretty bad at guitarr hero I'd try out easy but they went so slow that I could go and to something else while waiting for the next note to come

Level 28
Okay, I really liked this game: the GH-feeling is clearly there, the notes slide instead of move, the models are well... the same as the GH-models, you've blackened the UI and you've used 2 songs instead of 1 (like most people do).

BUT: the notes are being randomly spawned... you aren't playing a song, you're playing random notes with a song on the background.
For everyone who does not believe me, here are 2 screenshots, taken before a note passed the line, both Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames (Expert):

screeny1h.jpg

screeny2y.jpg

As you can see, it's completely different, while the setup is exactly the same.
You definitely need to change this for approval...
Create a table with which notes need to spawn when (this is the easiest method according to me).

Good effort, though, keep metal alive ^^