• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MIDIs and MP3s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
as you know importing mp3s into Warcraft pratically kills the map to make it beyond multiplayer.

midis are different.

if you have a midi version of a song and an mp3 version of a song.

(I.E) Let's say I want to import the theme "One-Winged Angel into my map, when it gets in the map I notice something, the file is 5 MB! and woosh there goes my multiplayer map.

midis if you can find one are different.

they load up very quickly.

they don't have words or the same instruments but you're basically getting the same tune.

now let's say I have a One-Winged Angel midi.

when I import it I notice the file size.

58 KB!!!

I still get the same song while sacrificing some quality but at a much smaller file size.

the 58 KB barely affects the map and it's easily playable in Multiplayer.

(I don't have a scanner so I can't put any pictures up sorry people.)

Hope this helps. :)

Level 2
from what i know midis are not recognized in the world editor at all. but what u could do is get a wav version of ur music file and convert it to an mp3 with an itunes programm(by apple) , and lower the quality within the program. it can significantly bring down the size of an mp3 and still keep the quality :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.