• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i have a very large map, and i dont think i can upload it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i tryed uploading a trailer to the warhammer movie im making, though the map size (when zipped) is 19.5 MB! and it didnt wrk, so i thought it must be the file size..pretty much all i need to bring the size down to about 5mb (tops) is sumthing to change wav files to .midi (or any small sound file)

anybody know any programmes or sumthing i can get?

Rad

Rad

Level 5
lmao putting a trailor into a map why would u wanna do that? just watch the trailor and make the map based on it or something

i dont even know what warhammer is :p

Level 3

im putting a trailer of my map onto the site...
as in, im making a movie with wc3 world editor, and im going to put 1 of the sequences onto the site as a trailer

Rad

Rad

Level 5
why dont u watch the trailor and make some units and act out the trailor then lol :D

Level 3
uhh wtf are u on about....this "trailer" is made up already, the thing taking up all the room is the music, and acting it out? i guess u dont understand a word im saying

Level 8
Sadly, there's no way to get .mid music to play in Warcraft 3. You can, however, reduce the quality of the sound with whatever program you're using, and change it to .mp3. Warcraft 3 recognizeds .wav and .mp3.

For reference, apparently a midi device *is* used in-game to create a few ambient noise effects, but that midi isn't available to use for music, sadly.

Your only chances at reducing filesize are cutting down the length, quantity, and quality of your existing sound files.

Usually, sound files aren't critically important to the feel of something, but I can appreciate that you'd want them for a cinematic.

If you've got a good cine and it's largely finished, you might try to apply for hosting in order to upload it to an FTP on-site.

Level 3
apply for hosting?

does that mean i ask the mods if they'll host a map for me if its too big just to be uploaded?

if so ill wait till ive completly finished my map before asking, its just i thought u guyz may be able to give me sum advice on sum things after watching

Status
Not open for further replies.