• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Faulty trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Once again i stumble into another pitfall with my triggers, this time the trigger is meant to work like this

when a unit dies with the effect on him he then causes an explosion at his position. this is how i writen it out
  • dead mans trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) has buff Deadman's trigger ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage circular area after 1.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Dying unit)), dealing 125.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire
looks alright but just doesnt work.

• Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Deadman's trigger
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to Temp_Group
  • Trigger2
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (Triggering unit is in (Temp_Group)) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point1 facing default byilding degrees
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Kaboom [Unit - Issue an order with no target]
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Level 3
i see what pharaoh is getting at but the first trigger might be a pain as the ability is a passive ability. but with the second part could i do it that when the unit dies, as long as he is placed in that group, to have the aoe effect happen there?

might be confusing but this is how i changed it into 2 triggers
1st trigger
  • dead mans trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Deadman's Trigger
    • Actions
      • Set deadman = (Triggering unit)
and then when he dies
  • dead man die
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to deadman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Dying unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.