• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Fastest way to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have a spell that make all allied units in a area invulnerable, the spell is channel and if the unit get out of the area or the unit stop channeling the unit must become vulnerable again.

So, what is the best way to do it? Unit group and check if its in range?

Edit: Also, what is the best way to damage unit in line in a shockwave like ability? How can I move the unit damaging but don't damage twice the same unit.

Last edited:
Level 7
Do you mean "Big Bad Voodoo" spell of orc's witch doctor? It's a melee spell, no trigger needed, all auto.

Shockwave would not damage a unit twice, if you want a knock back system, search is your best friend, but most is in jass.

Btw, it's not a must to use jass, using it would waste more time.

Level 11
Also, what is the best way to damage unit in line in a shockwave like ability? How can I move the unit damaging but don't damage twice the same unit.

if u wanna have a moving projectile u just move it and check for units in range and if u only want to damage them once check if they are not in a specified group, and when u damage them add them to a the specified group

Level 12
Do you mean "Big Bad Voodoo" spell of orc's witch doctor? It's a melee spell, no trigger needed, all auto.

Shockwave would not damage a unit twice, if you want a knock back system, search is your best friend, but most is in jass.

Btw, it's not a must to use jass, using it would waste more time.
Its not like big bad voodoo, you can target any area you want, but you gave me a idea to put a dummy unit channeling it lol...

I don't want shockwave since I want to do variable damage.

I already have a knockback system, thank you, but I don't need it since there inst knockback in that spell o.o

---------------------------------------------------------------

@Ciebron

So, that is the best way? I don't know if checking a group every time the damage something will lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.