• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FAQs & Tips

Level 7
Feel free to ask any question about this game on this thread so I can create a list of FAQs

Q: I want to get rid of a creature, what's the easiest way to do it?
A: Use your keeper's hand to grab and drop the creature in any nydus worm you own, it will automatically leave your Hive.

Q: My drones are digging instead of spreading creep or reinforcing walls, what can I do?
A: Grabbing and dropping a drone will force it to search for a close job to do instead of looking in the entire map.

Q: What's the most efficient way to build a room?
A: Some rooms like the lair don't require special positioning. However other rooms like Psionic Nests or Training Rooms require at least a 3x3 size to be effective. To additionally improve this effectiveness, you should build these rooms close to reinforced walls, increasing the amount of creatures that it can contain at once.

Q: How do I know the status of my creatures?
A: Usually checking the small icons that appear inside creatures health flowers is enough, however if you want to know more details you can use the info tool to select a creature and see every information you need, hungry and fatigue level, health, damage, etc.

Last edited:
Level 1
How to Win

I'm building all of each type of room, buying lots of drones with my vespene, mining plenty of minerals.

I have some warriors, some researchers, some food makers, plenty of lair space.

However, I die around wave 15, because there seems to be a limit to the # and quality of warriors i can keep / train.

How do I either make my 7 lings + 3 pugilisks get to twice as high of levels, or get 14 lings + 6 pugilisks. I can't see a way to get past 20 waves of invaders without more units or higher quality units. Traps are too slow to build, so I have only made about 2 traps by level 12.

Please explain general mechanics, give example of 2-3 "builds", strategies that would help someone clear 20 waves on hard.

Level 7
I would reduce the amount of zerglings for more powerful creatures.
Additonally you should focus better on traps, get some furnace creature and assure they are working there (slap them if necessary :evilgrin:)
Another important thing is the use of spells, healing your fatties or pygalisks on the front or stunning enemy firebats and marauders is the key.

P.S.
avoid to mass all your creatures when you are fighting firebats that deal AOE damage. Fighting in open space will greatly help.