• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

*Fan's Thread of WIP models*

Are my models good? And... should I make more?

• NO!!! Your models are horrbily! stop model making!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Fan's Thread of WIP models

Fan'S Thread of WIP Models

Ok, here I am, once again :D No, really now. After a long time that thread got forgotten, so I thought, why not polishing it up a bit? So I did: enjoy, and give construtive criticsm.

Note:In this thread are my WIP models, and the download links to my finished models, if you want to take a look at them :p

Model WIP'S

Madman
attachment.php

Just browsed a bit and found that hero on Heroes of Newerth.

Progress: Mesh is finished, still need to find better texturea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloodelf Demonhuntress
attachment.php

Yes, I've not finished her in that long time :p Just added a assassins creed like blade on her arm :D
Progress: Mesh is unfinished, anims also. Need to find a better texture for the arm, not that boring BE_Robe. Any suggestions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worgen Deathknight

Here is the finished model: (Special thanks to xXm0RpH3usXx for the shoulderpads and the texture for them)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Progress:I'm still trying to get the shoulderpads working ingame, as they are just dissapearing. I already asked xXm0RpH3usXx for that.
+ the alpha channel will made better later, as it looks really pixalated now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fel-Orc Goddes of War

attachment.php

Redone an old model from me. Now has Normal (Demoness) and alternate (Hellscream) animations.

Progress:Need to add weapons, geoset animations, a dissipate animation for the normal stance and fix the wrap a bit.

Night Elf - STU

attachment.php

Night Elf - Support - Transporting - Unit. Used to bring new soldiers to the battlefields.

Progress:Mesh is far from finished. Need to add a "body", cockpit and fix the animations.

Jeah, that's it for now. Any suggestions, critics are welcome :p

Download Link for finished models
Finished models

Attachments

• WIP.JPG
    WIP.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 749
  • WIP1.JPG
    WIP1.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Level 51
News:

Mouse-Planerider

85246d1278749237-modeling-contest-17-air-units-latestwip.jpg

For the Modelling Comp. 17#

Progress: Mesh is nearly finished, still need to work on the wrap and add particles. Will use gyrocopter anims, since I don't know a heck of animating...

Worgen Deathknight-Thingy

attachment.php

Requested by Lt.Zacs and Axarion.

Note: The claws have an animated texture on their tops (where they glow slightly) :3

Progress:Need to finish the armor wrap, give him feet, finish the claws and give him shoulder pads. Archimonde Anims.

:3

wow fan! this is great!
i mean, u developed really nicely, wouldnt have foreseen that when i first commented on those first tries of yours :p

its still nothing badass (compared to some highpoly custom sculpted models) but really nice for wc3!
(just wanted to say something nice to you to encourage you to do more :p)

also i think u should finish up the demonhuntress, she looks really good! maybe u want to tint the face's color a bit darker to simulate shadow because of the hoody she has!

edit: lol, she doesnt have a hoody, somehow i mixed up something.. whatever, i think she could use one :p

Level 51
News :3 :

Worgen Deathknight

attachment.php

Progress:Everything finished, expect the shoulder pads. I'm not shure if I'm able to do them from scratch, but I'll give my best. If someone wants to do them for me, I would be really glad :3

Fel-Orc Goddes of War

attachment.php

Redone an old model from me. Now has Normal (Demoness) and alternate (Hellscream) animations.

Progress:Need to add weapons, geoset animations, a dissipate animation for the normal stance and fix the wrap a bit.

Night Elf - STU

attachment.php

Night Elf - Support - Transporting - Unit. Used to bring new soldiers to the battlefields.

Progress:Mesh is far from finished. Need to add a "body", cockpit and fix the animations.

Attachments

• Wips.JPG
    Wips.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 518
  • WIP.JPG
    WIP.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 487
sry for hijacking your thread fan!
u need to live with that when u request a model from me :p

yes, to everybody else, i have taken it upon me to model the shoulderpads (not only that but unwrap and texture them, too)
i think i'm done with the first phase now, u see how its goin to look like on the model!

fan, it would be nice to hear something from you, as its adding 504 polys on each side, that means 1008 polys total...
seems a little highpoly for only two shoulderpads, but honestly i wouldnt know where to cut polys without getting really ugly...
or u need to ask someone else to edit this for your needs or something...
else i'm going to unwrap it tomorrow and maybe start putting some colors down.

edit:
forgot to put the reference up

edit2:
just realized the spikes on the reference are bigger and higher, gonna fix that!
also the reference shoulderpads seem to be not as broad?

Attachments

• Worgen Shoulder Pad.jpg
    Worgen Shoulder Pad.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 107
  • WIP02_01.jpg
    WIP02_01.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 141
  • ss1030.jpg
    ss1030.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 122
Hm, don't get me wrong, the pads look nice. But I think they are kind to highpoly compared to the rest of the model.

fan, it would be nice to hear something from you, as its adding 504 polys on each side, that means 1008 polys total...
seems a little highpoly for only two shoulderpads, but honestly i wouldnt know where to cut polys without getting really ugly...

thats what i said...

@debode:
the crystals are boxes.
i think i see what u mean with the alphaed planes, i'm going to look at it when i get back home...
may save like 50 polys overall, but i need to make a start somewhere
though i dont know what u mean with engravings?

also i thought that i might remove this amulet thingy on the right bottom corner and exchange it with an alphaed plane, too...

meh, i'm working with 10 - 15 mill scenes nowadays, i'm totally out of lowpoly practice -_-

thx for the c&c

Level 51
Woah, looks really nice xXm0RpH3usXx :)

You're right, ~1000 polies are a bit too much, though, I suggest removing the crystal "pads" (the plates were the crystals are on), since they aren't that necenary, and change the "spikes" to planes. But looks awsome :)

(I know this might be a bit offtopic, though, it is about my WIP models, soo.. :>)

oh, ima gonna alpha some of it out..
thats the only part i havent really yet decided on how tom make it.
i'll do some unwrapping first, then some quick doodling to get how i can recreate it the best!

though i am not going to make it just one plane with no subdivs, this wont be seen from the front all the time, but from a top view too, which would make them look really papery...

well, u decide...
i dont have wc3 installed anymore, so it sounded natural to me to just texture it freehand...

its a.. tribute to my wc3 times, as after this i am going to completely leave wc3 and sc2 modding...
so i thought i'm going to make it all by myself, also i now unwrapped it already very nicely, so it would have been wasted times if you want to rewrap it...

you can have this mesh if you want as an .obj or whatever and do the rest on your own, or you just sit back, relax and see what i am doing to this baby!

but tell me until 6 o'clock pm (our time)
or lets say 7 - 8 as i need to cook my own meals nowadays and clean up behind myself -_-

Level 51
well, u decide...
i dont have wc3 installed anymore, so it sounded natural to me to just texture it freehand...

its a.. tribute to my wc3 times, as after this i am going to completely leave wc3 and sc2 modding...
so i thought i'm going to make it all by myself, also i now unwrapped it already very nicely, so it would have been wasted times if you want to rewrap it...

you can have this mesh if you want as an .obj or whatever and do the rest on your own, or you just sit back, relax and see what i am doing to this baby!

but tell me until 6 o'clock pm (our time)
or lets say 7 - 8 as i need to cook my own meals nowadays and clean up behind myself -_-

Meh, relaxing sounds better, beside, I'm also a bit busy myself :p and I don't want to waste your work ;).

but what would be good would be, to make it fit the textures the model already has (what you know ofc. :>), or, you would need to skin the whole texture :p

ookay... so i wanted to post a little WiP of how that shoulderpad is comming along...

please note in before, this is not at all in any way resembling the later style...
i'll probably paint at least another 30 layers of paint over everything -.-
this is just... a basic layout...
there's gonna be a lot of color correction going on later and stuff like that...

also note:
the thing on the right of the pad where the gem is on is directly copied from that concept, same with the spikes...
just wanted to copy those first to see if i am going in the right direction!

the spikes arent really touching themselves, i just wanted to explicitly point that out...
i think thats the best way between saving polies and having it look good, what do you think?

edit:
a little more update and a test if the color scheme (greyscale ftw!)^^
goes with the rest with the model...

Attachments

• worgenshoulderpad[WiP](02).jpg
    worgenshoulderpad[WiP](02).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 129
  • WIP02_02.jpg
    WIP02_02.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
done!

okay, i think i'm done, already invested more time than i had scheduled...
i exported it as an .obj, i hope that is sufficient, else tell me in which format you would like to have it!
its got 218 polys each now.

in the .rar is also the texture and an alpha map...
they are both 256x128 pixels big

i hope you like it and it was worth the work!

Attachments

• WIP02_03.jpg
    WIP02_03.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
okay, sry for triple post, but there where a few days in between and i'm really upset!
i removed the shoulderpad.rar with the .obj inside, i wont give it out anymore!

you where on a few times, fan, i saw that on your profile, you posted in other threads in this subforum and I wrote you a pm (several that is) and you are not responding!

really, scre* you!

i worked for your model for like at least 5 hours or something (yes, i know, i am a bit slow but thats not the point, i invested my time nonetheless and u didnt pay me)
if you dont like it, tell me and i could enhance some bits here and there, but dont ignore me like that!

Level 51
News: Don't worry guys, the things above are cleard :) was a server problem or some sort.. anyway, don't lets get offtopic.

Here is the finished model: (Special thanks to xXm0RpH3usXx for the shoulderpads and the texture for them)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm still trying to get the shoulderpads working ingame, as they are just dissapearing. I already asked xXm0RpH3usXx for that.
+ the alpha channel will made better later, as it looks really pixalated now.

Attachments

• UploadPic.JPG
    UploadPic.JPG
    320.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Frontview.JPG
    Frontview.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 27,335
  • Backview.JPG
    Backview.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 25,970
  • Walkview.JPG
    Walkview.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 25,961
Level 51
it is an awesome model !!!
Arthas turned into a werewolf !!!

a little taller might won't hurt a bit .. :D
to make it looks ... well ... scarier ? or cooler ??

Hehe. thanks :)
I think I leave it as it is now. I don't want to do more on it, I've already worked to long on it :)

Cool - so you're still going to model occasionally and update this thread even though you've left the site?

Yes. I'm going to "quick-check" the forums every few days, and if I model something, I'm shure posting it here :)

Nice. Just hope you fix the death animation so it doesn't use the eredar/dreadlord disappearing thing.

Thanks.
I already tried many, many things for the death animation, but somehow, the eredar skeleton doesn't let me transfer single animations on it. I already tried it with notepad too, but nothing worked. If someone has an idea, feel free to post :D

make the Madman!, i can't wait for you to finish that!

Hehe. Jeah. maybe. The texture is a proble though. I've already finished it actually, but using geoset animations to tint it just doesn't look good. Maybe, you could skin it? If you have interrests, just tell me. I'll make a quick wrap for you. :)

Level 49
Hehe. Jeah. maybe. The texture is a proble though. I've already finished it actually, but using geoset animations to tint it just doesn't look good. Maybe, you could skin it? If you have interrests, just tell me. I'll make a quick wrap for you. :)

sure! i've made a skin for the madman before, i think i can do it again. :D

Level 51
sure! i've made a skin for the madman before, i think i can do it again. :D

Great to hear :D

I'll put a wrap together now :)

Edit: Just putting this into this thread, so it gets more atention :p

Newmodel said:
Was playing around recently in my free time and thought, hey the naga siren texture could give a pretty good eredar female. so I played around and played around. first put the upper body of the siren + modified siren head and tentacles onto the retextured archer legs, then rigged them to archimonde.
didn't looked good. tried on demoness. still didn't look good. then I took the demon hunter legs (that means, also demonhunter animations, with alternate "dark cloud animations" with means she tranforms into a shadowy thingy), modified them so they give a "straight" line, put the naga siren body onto, added draenei feet. and don't worry. she won't be nude after I gave her body another texture. and I know that the feet aren't correct eredar feet. and I also know that eredar were rather warlocks and mages, but I wanted to make something different xD
The arms aren't rigged yet. so don't worry, the headpiece won't go through the shoulder later.

Enjoy. c&c is welcome :)

93150d1290799050-eredar-shadowexecutor-screeenyyyyy.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And another model, the tempest. (based on the concept from Heroes of Newerth. :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.